Holiday sales

kcearl

I see deaf people
Black friday/cyber monday over...now the holiday sales begin!

UAD just went up to 60% off some plugs for their holiday sale through to Jan

I always do their surveys and get vouchers from them...just picked up the neve channel strip for $49 from $299...not a bad start

Ive got the EMT reverbs already but they are a great price just now

Man NI needs to do a sale on maschine add ons. I know they aren't going to discount K10u or even the upgrade price, but IMO they absolutely could do the add on packs.

Yeah I have komplete 8U but I dont want to add anything...been offered arturia 4 update for $99 but I dont want softsynths anymore, period...maschine expansions would be welcome, got space for a couple more ;)

I get to mess about with some of that UAD stuff next week for a friend. He picked up the Apollo twin and I think some stuff on the black friday sale. I'm pretty jealous that he has one, thing seems like a nice piece of kit.

plugin-alliance is doing a christmas sale - one plugin per day - you have to click on this calendar thing.

UAD just went up to 60% off some plugs for their holiday sale through to Jan

I always do their surveys and get vouchers from them...just picked up the neve channel strip for $49 from $299...

Where are you getting the Neve for $49...?

Also...what are you running the UAD plugs with...one of their DSP cards or something else?

Where are you getting the Neve for $49...?

Yeah, that's kinda what I was wondering. I went on the site and nothing jumped out as being an exceptionally good value. At least not anything I'm interested in. Pretty much got all the plugs I could ever use, and then some. I did get the Neve channel strip for free many years ago. That was a good deal. :D

Miro, those plugs only work on UAD's dsp cards.

Miro, those plugs only work on UAD's dsp cards.

Yeah....I know.
That's why was also wondering what he's using to run his UAD plugs...a UAD DSP card or one of the interfaces...?

There's a few UAD plugs that would be a "nice to have"...so like if there's a UAD DSP card sale, it might be something to consider.
Though honestly, I can live without 'em, I've got way more plugs already than I could ever use on a project. :D

Though honestly, I can live without 'em, I've got way more plugs already than I could ever use on a project. :D

Yeah, that's the thing. I was looking at some very good value stuff at Waves thinking 'awesome value' and then this voice would kick in 'but you don't NEED three more compressors'. With plugins, when you've got one or two good ones of the same type, you've got enough. For instance, I've got Fabfilter Saturn and Soundtoys Decapitator. Why would I ever need another plugin along those lines? They can do everything. You can get suckered by that 'it's so cheap you're missing out on it if you don't get it' thing.

The last year or so I was on a plug buying binge...but I had a "list" of plugs I really wanted to get, and then I was going to be good-to go. The last couple of plugs I picked up over Thanksgiving weekend pretty much completed my list.
Yes, I wanted some variety, but yeah....I also don't need 5 versions very similar plugs.
I only use a few plugs at a time anyway.

The UAD stuff is mainly interesting to me because of the external processing...not so much the plugs themselves.
I have one PCIe slot left in my "new" DAW tower I'm putting together. :p
Though the cards/interfaces are not cheap. If you want some serious plug-capability, you need to go at least with the DSP-2 Duo or Quad...and the cards alone ain't cheap, plus the aditional plugs that don't come in the bundle.

You can sometimes find a deal on eBay or CL. I bought a couple of the older UAD-1 from ebay for cheap. Later on, upgraded to UAD-2 when I bought my apollo. Over the years, buying one or two at a time, I built up a nice collection. Plus, I got a few freebies from UA for one reason or another. I could never afford to get everything all at once.

Or any software for that matter

just recently

9 maschine expansions $99
Sonar X3 $24 (dont even know why I bought it but...)
UAD Neve channel $49
Sugar bytes thesys $25

Im sure there are others...never pay full price

UAD Neve channel $49

Where/how did you swing that price?

I see thast UAD has 60% off on a lot of their stuff....but the Neve channel is showing $199 (instead of the usual $299).

If it could be had for $49...then getting a UAD-2 PCI card becomes a consideration....hmmmmmmmm.... :)

I see thast UAD has 60% off on a lot of their stuff....but the Neve channel is showing $199 (instead of the usual $299).

If it could be had for $49...then getting a UAD-2 PCI card becomes a consideration....hmmmmmmmm.... :)

If you have the previous version you get a discount on the new version, also UA hands out coupons in addition to the ongoing sales.

I had it at $149

They sent a happy december $50 voucher...i had a $25 voucher because i had something in my cart that i didnt buy (they do that to temp you to buy) i always fill in their surveys, you get $25 a time...$49

UAD constantly send me vouchers...i think when you own some of the products you get better sales prices too (all the new compressor collections cost me $99 a pop)

Well worth the initial investment

OK...thanks...I kinda figured it was "insider" deals. :)

I may pass on the UAD this year...but if I can get my hands on one of their PCI cards (like at least the DUO) for a decent price, I may jump on it at some point and ad some UAD plugs to my already obese plug-in pile!

Why have just 3 or 4 of the same style plugs when I can have 5 or 6!!! :facepalm: :D

One of the problems with Reason is you're pretty much stuck with their plugs. And you pretty much have to be that "sucker" that pays full boat. They get some deals occasionally. I keep watching for items on my list. Got my C1-L1 for $49. Still watching for the RE-2A to come down a few bucks...one nice thing with these is you can always get a free 30 day trial that is the full download, just quits working after the 30 days.

Back