GK Amplification 2 Demo

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I just DL'd this free demo VST/stand-alone which includes sims for the 800RB, MB150 and 2001RB. This has selections for their many speaker options. There is also a tool for mic'ing any cabinet/speaker combo which lets you position the mic anywhere along the face, it's distance from the cabinet, and also angle it in several directions.

This plugin pretty much installed itself as I just kept clicking the next button and let it go wherever it wanted. It installed a desktop shortcut for stand-alone use, and when I went to Reaper to add the FX to a new track this VST popped right up - no install problems at all.

This link is to the full Pro version. The demo has a good portion of these features: Audified | GK Amplification 2 Pro

I haven't tried it yet, so I'll be back..

Well, that didn't go well at all.

1 st Download : None of the amp controls worked. The mic pans, volumes didn't work. There was no wet signal. The metronome didn't work. Dry signal was there but very low input meter signal - though output signal was strong, as well as strong headphone volume. Hearing L & R channels in phones, but meter showing only Left channel.

UnInstalled

2 nd Download : All controls working this time. Hearing both channels in phones, and both show in meter with proper levels. Suddenly, volume fades to zero and fades up again to set levels (this repeats every 10 sec or so). Then Right channel drops out in phones and meter. Then.. remaining left channel distorts like crazy - I have no distortion FX applied. Heard some light popping and crackling. Then my PC crashed, flashed an on-screen message to that effect, and it was reporting an error - then my PC rebooted and all is back to normal and working fine.

Bass guitar with tone control at zero; bridge PU at zero; neck PU at 1/2. Interface gain well below clipping (at 12:00 position around -24dBFS).

Interface is working fine. :wtf:

Uninstalled... again

Their website indicated a support form to be filled out, but selecting that did nothing. So, I posted on their FB page - see what happens.

Last edited:
Back