Devil movie choir sample

YellowDwarf

Dismember
I didn't know where to put this question.

I'm looking for samples like those choirs in old horror movies like The Omen, where the choirs are doing a "Dominuuus" and all that fun stuff. The title is the search term that I've been using and I'm not getting any results, free or otherwise.

Any thoughts besides "We should have a google search term forum"?

Thanks,
Timbo

It sounds like you're after that "O Fortuna" sound from Carmina Burana. Strezov's Storm Choir comes immediately to mind but there certainly are others. I think that KVR link will help you out.

Paj
8^)

Right now, audioplugin.deals has Soundiron's Venus Symphonic Women's Choir on sale for $100 (along with four other libraries, including Voices of Gaia---Bryn, a solo male vocal library).

Paj
8^)

“Aurora Choir” by Aria Sounds is available at VSTbuzz for the next two weeks for ~$100.

Paj
8^)

NP. I like the aggressive synths on your tracks.
A real killer choir might be the new one from EastWest out this fall.

Paj
8^)

Thanks for the props. I used mostly the synths that cam with the AKAI Advance I got: Vacuum pro, Hybrid, Loom and xpandi. They are certainly aggressive and with the pro tools vsts that AKAI gave out free last year, they fit the bill for that album. Now if I could only sing. :)

All good stuff.

Did you check out my other post on free expansions for Hybrid & Loom?
Five free AIR expansions

I'm not really familiar with the genre you record, but I do listen to stuff on the TBN side-channels every now and then. To me, most of it is predictable and/or derivative (Seinfeld: "Not that there's anything wrong with that!")---haven't heard anything with exactly the sonic approach you take.

If you ever decide to sidestep and go New Gospel, that Gospel Synth package currently being offered by AudioPlugin•Deals sounds tailor-made for the genre.
78% Off Gospel Musicians Super Synth Special! - Audio Plugin Deals

Unfortunately for my wallet, every choir seems to have its particular strengths/uses, and since the Aria choir is so bargain-priced, I'll probably bite.

Paj
8^)

Thanks, Paj - why do I never find out about this. All I see under My Account is Mark Knight and Rene Amesz. And a Sonivox promo.

I'm really not pleased with the support I"ve gotten from these folks. I wonder how to get these expansions? They don't even appear in the Store in VIP ...

Timbo

My bad, I obviously don't know how to use their redesigned website. I found their expansions.

I really appreciate your help.

As for the genre, it was a 1 time only project - all god related rock and soul music, kind of fun to do.

Back