Corrupt Archive

inkline

I keep getting errors after I download Sonivox's Orchestral Strings.

The download completes, but if I unarc it with 7zip it gives me a header warning. Unarc it with Windows Explorer, no warnings, but the installer glitches before finishing, no doubt leaving a file corrupt somewhere.

They let you download the whole thing in trial mode. If anyone here has some time to kill (and a PC not a MAC), please give it a download and let me know if you have the same problem. I'm not getting anywhere with Sonivox support, and wonder if they may have a corrupt file on the server on their end. At least if I verify if they do or don't I can narrow down the problem.

These strings are a bit antiquated feature-wise but I'd like to get my 1$'s worth. I can get them to run even installed gitched, but the glitch causes crashes at rare moments.

SONiVOX - Orchestral Companion - Strings

Awaiting download link for trial...

Why not state the Widows version you have? That is just weird...

Anyway- If previous to W7 then you may be out of luck.

I didn't have this issue with any of the stuff in the Premium Upgrade package (in general, all of their stuff except Playa, Sampla). I have had this issue with software on a vendor's server. It happens. Also can happen if you have something else running on your system while extracting. WinRAR, which I usually use, has a test feature. I'm using Windows10.

Another thing to try is using a third-party download manager. This recently worked for me when the download feature of my browser wasn't catching some sort of error in transmission.

I did run my ancient version of Sonar (X1), which I haven't used or bothered to upgrade in years, with Orchestral Companion Strings and it did indeed crash. No problems with Reaper.

Oh---and another thing: Check to make sure that you're extraction is not triggering something with your antivirus software.

Paj
8^)

Last edited:
Any success with that VST Jimmy?

Good call on the anti-v Paj. I forgot how that sometimes glitches things. I will check it out.

Back