Autofilter Plugin

andrushkiwt

I use Studio One 4 Pro (upgraded from 3 a few months ago). It has always come with a stock autofilter plugin.

Screenshot (9).png

Useful to me are the presets, which I then tweak to my liking. Even if you've heard my music, you may not be able to spot when I use these things, but it's mostly on top of synths or feedback guitars, giving them motion, movement, and rhythm. I like using them, as well, for transitions and swells - it gives a swelling guitar a dance-like quality to it, if you tweak it properly enough.

I'm looking for more presets, basically. If there's an autofilter plugin that you like, please drop a link to it. However, if I need to create the sounds myself, I'll probably pass on it. I'd rather it loads it up something completely different than the last, via preset, and then I can fine tune it, as opposed to having to make it all from scratch.

What's kind of odd is that, within S1's filter, even if I copy and paste the same filter settings, and then load them onto a different preset, it doesn't sound the same as the last. There is something unique about every preset that you can't achieve without having it open. For example, I could set the first filter at X, the second at Y, and the resonance at Z, and so on and so on, but pasting those settings within a different preset won't give the same sound. Like I said, there is something unique, behind the scenes, going on with the autofilters.

Hopefully someone knows of some good ones to make crazy, fun sounds (with presets) :)
[MENTION=20426]Paj[/MENTION]; [MENTION=116620]sparky123[/MENTION]

I picked up Arturia's 3 Filters You'll Actually Use when they were intro priced. I haven't had time to really delve deeply into them but my initial forays left really good impressions---of the "go-to" kind. There are just so many sound manglers out there: for tracks, iZotope Trash2, SugarBytes Effectrix & Looperator, KR-Fatter, The Sound Guy SFX Machine Pro, SONiVOX Vocalizer Pro, and processing plugins from AIR, Plug&Mix, BlueTubes, and NI are mainly what I can comment on. For samples: Kontakt, Transfuser, Structure (for REX), IRIS2, and LOOM.

Paj
8^)

(Forgot about DS's Tantra and AudioThing's ORB)

Last edited:
To update this post: I've picked up Waves MetaFilter. Hot damn this thing is sweet. Autofilters are one of those plugins that are very hard to dial in from scratch the sound you want, with so many parameters and whatnot, so I'm very glad this thing has a ton of presets. Something like 30-40 I'm guessing. I've been able to find what I'm looking for by scrolling through them, with little to no modification. I'm using them, so far, on guitars for a stutter-like effect, a choppy, staccato, techo-like dance riff. Just playing open chords and the thing does what I want. It's good for fade-ins, buildups, or drop-out transitions where you change up the sounds and introduce a dance-like vibe. Going to use it on vocals, for effect, soon.

Back