ARIA?GPO5 surprise

Paj

During a sale a few months back I updated my Garritan GPO from v2 to v5 based on some reviews and videos and installed ARIA player which I used for nothing else. I've been substantially occupied with migrating/upgrading my VI PC by moving my old hard drive into a new PC, with a number of attendant, irritating authorization issues* (mostly, it appears, from eLicenser) so imagine my surprise when I recently opened up ARIA and found not only GPO5 but a library that appears to be an ARIA-playable version of my Dimension-Pro synth from Cakewalk. This is FANTASTIK because Dimension-Pro is loaded with, among other sounds, a myriad of files for ear-grabbing string articulations and enhancements. It is, however, pains-taking and time-consuming in Dimension Pro to construct/layer a full string patch from these short parts of a full note. Maybe this is why so little is mentioned about the orchestral string sounds in Dimension Pro. The ARIA engine appears to be primarily built for the task of layering. I think I got a early Christmas present.

(1) Has anyone else noticed this?

(2) Has anyone improved the latency of the ARIA Player? It's not coming up for me as the best in the latency department.

Paj
8^)

*Authorization Issues so far:

Windows 10: I had to let a MicroSoft tech remotely take over my computer to re-activate my fully legal copy of Win10 once it saw a new processor. It didn't stop running but I started to get that transparent "Activate" message in the bottom-right corner of the screen.

Native Instruments: Painless reauthorizations. Just a login and some clicks.

iLok and Arturia: Painless reauthorizations. Just a login and some clicks BUT if you don't want to lower the count of your available authorizations, de-authorize on your old system before you re-authorize on your new system.

ToonTrack, XLN and Norton: De-authorizations and re-authorizations can be handled quickly and at the same time on the same system.

Reaper did an automatic plugin scan and my Metric Halo stuff needed re-entered serial numbers. Circle2 needed the same.

No issues with KV331 (Synthmaster, One, Player).

eLicenser continually crashed my system when I tried to start Engine2 (but not SparkEDM). I tried installs, removes, re-installations---no luck. Eventually the installations would not even show up in the control panel as installed. Contacting Best Service support got me going in the right direction but it did involve scanning and cleaning the registry for/from errors and deep scans did more harm than good---I lost my iZotope stand-alone (IRIS2), Cakewalks Z3ta2, and EW Play. Eventually, I was able to get a sequence of cleanings, removals and re-installations that ended up in a working installation, my system stopped crashing, and IRIS2 and Z3ta2 returned (both of which I love). I was then able to get my BestService libraries re-authorized and running again. EW Play returned.

I have yet to try or tackle any of my IK stuff. I'm hoping that the fact that Reaper didn't flag any of my IK plugins is a good sign because it has done so in the past.

I'm just sooooooo happy I got most of this stuff running again that I don't think about the fact that I'll be adding a completely new primary system in a month or so. I can't wait for the networking issues.

Paj
8^)

P.P.S.: Don't forget about my two questions above. Thanks in advance if you respond.

Last edited:
Back