Any other options for this rare instrument?

inkline

I was wandering through the virtual instruments for sale the other day, and wandered into Vienna's 'Wagner Tuba'. Well. Have to pick that up. I remember some great sounding music with it.

$45 bucks I thought. Hey. This is good. Wait a minute.. Maybe it isn't $45 bucks, there's a upgrade/full library thing that costs over twice more. Can't figure this out.. I should use the contact form.. Wait a minute.. this thing.. requires a dongle. The last thing I want to do is get a dongle. My usb ports are of limited quantity..

Am I stuck with these Vienna guys and their stupid dongle if I want a fine sounding Wagner Tuba or are there other Wagner Tubas out there worth listening to?

I can't find any other solos at the moment, and finding the sample demoed in an orchestra is tough too. Any of you guys out there with ochestras have a good solo Wagner Tuba bundled in there you'd recommend or I can listen to?

I'm going to email around though it looks pretty certain the dongle is a must. Maybe my complaint will be the straw the breaks the camel's back. Do you have to keep these things connected every time you load the instrument?

Great sounding Wagner Tuba isn't it?

Yup there's no way out of it, if I want anything from Vienna I have to get their inky dinky little device.

Thanks Paj. I was thinking of buying that when it was on sale last month but decided to save up for Kontakt. Every once in awhile I hear a bit of it and grimace and remind myself that other orchestras might sound just as good with a bit more reverb added.

I gotta get the Sacconi Strings Quartet you see. Absolutely a must have. I was quite disappointed when it disappeared off of Audio Deluxe's site with its 'make an offer' option. Kontakt first. Strings next. Tuba after that.

I'd be interested to hear what you guys are doing with a Tuba plugin. Would you consider posting something?

Whenever I get it I'll gladly post something if I make something nice. I think it's hard to avoid making something nice with it even for a beginner like me... I'd have a lot more trouble if it were an actual tuba.

The demo 'The Canvas Painter' for the Vienna one is quite nice.

I think it stands on its own very well. So with a piano or one or two other instruments some very fine pieces could be made.

I'd be interested to hear what you guys are doing with a Tuba plugin. Would you consider posting something?

Robus: It's not a tuba patch, per se. It's a variant instrument. Tuba patches are all over the place (I even have regular synth patches that do a great job with tuba) but that Wagner Tuba (aka Wagner horn or Bayreuth tuba) is a rare duck, sort of a frenchhorn-trombone-tuba hybrid. If you're jonesing for some freash tuba licks, of course you could watch The Roots on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show to see a HipHop tuba player.

inkline: EastWest is having a 50% sale on all their stuff (except Composer Cloud subscriptions) until 4-17.
EastWest/Quantum Leap - Award Winning Virtual Instruments

Paj
8^)

Yes I was just noticing it.

In the end I am still going to hold onto my money to save up.

Vienna sure has a lot of instruments. I will probably wind up with the stupid USB key in the end.

Back