analogue (brand) drumkits & Reaper

spantini

COO of me, inc.
Is anyone familiar with ANALOGUE DRUMS? They've got a free kit available and I'd like to know if this is considered a VST which can be added to Reaper.

This is their page description for the kit:

"Big Mono is a roomy rendition of a loveable vintage Ludwig kit with a Rogers Dynasonic snare, classic Zildjians, and a Sabian ride for good luck. Recorded in mono using a decca-tree configuration supplemented with spot mics for detail, this kit sounds organic and retro with a spacious vibe."

Edit: After DL-ing the kit, I see it has lots of toms, several sound like nice, deep, floor toms.

Last edited:
Not entirely free---you do have to register your email address with them. It's a FREE library for for the full version of Kontakt and not the free Kontakt Player. It's simple, basic and straight-forward. It does have good velocity layering. The manual is available for download. It's not a factory ("Powered by Kontakt") library and the samples are unlocked (they're just WAV files), so the samples can be drag/dropped directly into Reaper. Hey---it's free. There's an amazing amount of good, free stuff available, and this one might prove useful to you. I'm always on the lookout for another drum kit---that's what keeps a lot of drum/percussion VSTi manufacturers in business. I've ended up with kits inferior or on par with this (to my ears and/or for my uses) that I paid for.

I'm guessing that you don't own the full version of Kontakt so check out my recent post for another kit freebie that uses UVI Workstation (free).
Nice little UVI Workstation freebie

Paj
8^)

Paj
8^)

I used an Analogue drumkit (Popsticks) for $19 a while back. You can load the WAV files in Reaper's RS5K sampler to play them. I don't remember the exact procedure but the Reaper Forum people were quite helpful. Big Mono works in the sampler as well. I preferred having more variety with Popsticks. I now use Steven Slate drums in Reaper. I got a very good deal on them on Black Friday.

Back