Is Amplitube 4 worth the upgrade price?

Xcaliber

I've been using Amplitube 3 for a while now and I'm really just starting to understand how to get the tones I want out of it. I saw that Amplitube 4 is out and I read the marketing material on what the new features are, but I'm not convinced as to whether it's worth the money to upgrade. Has anyone upgraded from 3 to 4 and if so what features that are new to 4 make it worth the update?

Thanks in advance.

I upgraded when it was first offered and still mostly just use my old v3 presets. Haven't been tempted to tinker with some of the new mic'ing features, etc. It's nice having an acoustic sim pedal but for the upgrade price I've yet to get my money from v4. Unless you have a deficiency in the sound(s) you seek, I would just pass on upgrading.

Thanks. I might do the upgrade with the Mesa Boogie pack bundle. I'd love to have access to the Mesa sims and they don't work with 3.

Thanks. I might do the upgrade with the Mesa Boogie pack bundle. I'd love to have access to the Mesa sims and they don't work with 3.

In case you didn't know, LePou makes a great/free Dual Rec amp, and ReCab has the MB standard 4x12. Been a good combo for me, though I haven't tried Amplitube yet.

In case you didn't know, LePou makes a great/free Dual Rec amp, and ReCab has the MB standard 4x12. Been a good combo for me, though I haven't tried Amplitube yet.

Thanks. I've been playing with the LePou Dual Rec amp and some IRs and free cab sims lately. I've also got a free TS808 pedal in there too. I'll have to check out ReCab though.

Thanks for the tip.

I have Amplitube 3, wanted the Acoustic Sim pedal only... However, it's not available in the custom shop.
Need upgrade full amount of Amplitube 4...

No way... will record with my acoustic guitar itself 8)
Found something to record noiseless now.

Back