Amp simulation plugins for 50-200 USD

lagwagon06

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a amp simulation plugin and I am a little bit lost with all the possibilities around here.

I would like to spend no more than 200 USD on it, but if I can find something good for cheaper, it would be great.

Let me know what you guys have and like.

Thanks,
Jean

Right at the top of your budget, but I use this for all my guitars these days. Particularly, I use the Fender amp sim from this collection. I use mine within the UAD realm, but you can buy them as regular plugs. I'd be hesitant to spend $200 for one amp sim, but now that I see how much I like it, I wouldn't have a problem. Oh, and hey, you also get a Marshall and Mesa sim, too. Not that I ever use them.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AmpRoomVNat

Using Vandal SE and Revalver producer for free. None of them do a good Pignose or Rockman : ) Good luck

. . . and, you could always download and demo Waves GTR Solo, Amplitube, GuitarRig, Plug&Mix, AmpFarm, StudioDevil, etc., and see what you like.

Paj
8^)

. . . and, you could always download and demo Waves GTR Solo, Amplitube, GuitarRig, Plug&Mix, AmpFarm, StudioDevil, etc., and see what you like.

Paj
8^)

That would be my strategy as well.

I use Amplitube regularly and it's a very robust application, even without any special addons. Many amps, pedals, rack mounted effects, cabinets, mics, and complete control over everything (even three dimensional mic placement). Best of all - it's very stable, I have experienced zero crashes in the past few years of using it.

I use Amplitube regularly and it's a very robust application, even without any special addons. Many amps, pedals, rack mounted effects, cabinets, mics, and complete control over everything (even three dimensional mic placement). Best of all - it's very stable, I have experienced zero crashes in the past few years of using it.

+1 for Amplitube. Many, many options available within it, thought I'd suggest trying the demo first. If you do buy, then go with one of the brand packages...Mesa, Fender, for example. That way, you'll save $ by having a host of amps and cabs available without having to purchase any/many additional pieces.

Depending on your genre, this guy makes some pretty sweet, heavy/rock guitar sims:

https://joeysturgistones.com/

That would be my strategy as well.

+1.
Over the years, IK stuff (T-Racks, SampleTank) has driven me crazy with reauthorizations and VST scan errors (maybe the reason they start out with so many authorizations on the website)---but Amplitube has not been one of these offenders. Amplitude4 Deluxe is being offered right now as part of a package when you purchase one of the IK interfaces (ends 4-30).

Paj
8^)

IK has Amplitude on sale for $60. Note that this is a 64-bit only version.

Paj
8^)

I am a huge fan of Amplitube! I purchased the "Max" bundle for $299 a few months ago and am blown away by its performance. I also purchased the T-Racks Max bundle as well. This was a major upgrade for me. I was using Guitar Rig 5 before Amplitube and to me, there is no comparison. Amplitube is just better in all areas...IMO.

Back