AIRtech Xpand!2 for $1

I don't see why it wouldn't work in Sonar, but it's not mentioned. Should I bother?

There was a discussion about it over at Xpand!2 ***$1.00*** - MusicPlayer Forums that included comments from people who downloaded it. These are mostly guys who (I think) play keyboards professionally, so their comments about it might be of interest. I think the gist of their comments is essentially that it's only $1 (I'm still wondering about that), but normally goes for $99.99, and it has a lot of sounds, plus you can tweak their parameters, so even if you're interested in using only a fraction of the sounds, it's a great bargain.

PS-- If you go to AIR's web site (AIR Music Technology - German-engineered virtual instruments, software, and effects), you can download the trial version for free. Then, if you decide it's worth at least $1 to you, you can buy it during this sale from Plugin Boutique (Xpand!2, Xpand!2 plugin, buy Xpand!2, download Xpand!2 trial, AIR Music Technology Xpand!2).

TBH I think this is one of the better pro tools plugins and for a $1 is a no brainier IMO. I just picked it up. Pretty stoked to be able to use it in cubase now.

For those looking you can only buy this in AU or VST format.

I understand this sale ends tomorrow at AudioDeluxe.com. I spent the last two days taking the Groove3 tutorials for Hybrid (1&2) and Loom, then used YouTube to get more skilled with Hybrid3. Last week I did the same for Transfuser and, about a month ago I did Strike and Structure. Each and every one of these instruments is worth the price of the whole package. Just a ridiculously good upgrade offer.

Paj
8^)

This time it's free

Xpand!2 is being offered for free right now:
Get Xpand!2 for FREE! A DontCrack Exclusive! | DontCrac[k] News

Also, it serves as an upgrade path to AIEP3 Complete ($75), which contains all the AIR VIs, plugins, and many/most of their VI expansion packs. If you’re familiar with ProTools, you’re probably already familiar with these and now they’re available for most DAWs. A ridiculously good bargain, maybe one of the best ever.

Paj
8^)

Wow, talk about a no-brainer! :)

Yeah---and you should really check out the AIEP3 package (and this is coming from a Kontakt junkie). I paid more than the current price but one of my best-ever software purchases. Just crazy-good instruments and, since they were ported from the ProTools platform, lots of tutorials and info on YouTube, Groove3, etc. Strike2 is probably the most under-rated drum plugin outside of PT circles (still my go-to for creating odd-meter beats), Transfuser does amazing stuff, Loom is capable of sick things, Structure and Hybrid come with a couple thousand patches, and then there are pianos, a B3, another synth (Vacuum), expansions, and a set of 28 processing plugins. I have come across some comments about display issues on Macs but they all ran great even on one of my old PCs with only 2M of RAM.

If history holds true, it will also serve as a qualifier for a bargain price on a crossgrade bundle of all of the SONiVOX plugins.

Paj
8^)

I've already got AIR Ignite (free with an M-Audio controller), plus a couple of AIR soft synths (Hybrid, Loom, and an expired trial version of theRiser), and now Xpand!2 (free, but I already had it except it was usable only within Avid Pro Tools First). Whenever I've thought about upgrading to AIEP3, I've gotten confused about the price, because I see AIEP3 advertised for $75 or whatever on sites like Don't Crac[k], but when I go to AIR's site they say my upgrade price as an owner of a qualifying product will be $150, so I end up not getting it. I guess the trick is to buy it through a site like Don't Crac[k]?

Yeah---you will need a coupon code or a link from a reseller. Offhand, I don't remember if I got my deal from PluginBoutique or AudioDeluxe. It's a substantial download.

Paj
8^)

Back