Abbey Road Plates

songsj

Any one here use the Waves Abbey Road Plate reverb plugins? I'm thinking about buying them while they are on sale.

I'm very pleased with the Reel ADT (tape delay) Waves plugin, which was released I believe around the same time and developed by the same team within Waves (if I'm not mistaken). I have a ton of Reverb plugins so never thought to get the Plate package.

I should add that I don't use ADT very much as the best effects it generates are very in-your-face, and I tend to be more subtle in my use of delay or like using a traditional ping-pong delay plugin when I want something more active. But for wide and sweeping effects the ADT is great.

Well I guess I will reply to my own post since I bought the Abbey Road Plates Bundle from Waves. It defiantly is different from what I am used to. Actually I have had good luck with Waves Renaissance reverb which is one of their least expensive so go figure. I think the plates is for a more retro sound and Big singer recordings. Adele etc. Not fro Rap, todays pop etc but maybe that is just me. But if you have a Frank Sinatra type singer or those kind of clients you may really like this bundle. I'm not an expert so this is just my opinion. If set correctly can probably be used on most things but there are other reverbs that give you a more "today's" sound. Not a bad investment on sale. Will report more later.

wasnt Frank the 52nd Street sound?

Abbey Road more Pink Floyd and that other Brit band...whats their name....and Abbey Road plates. You hear some of their raw tracks and theres a verb there but during the song you cant hear the verb in the track.

whats the specs? hi cpu or low?

You may be right about Frank, And many of the other early Abbey road Brit bands. Other singers like Adele have recorded there in recent years and way back in the days of Sinatra plate reverb was a large studio standard everywhere. Abbey Road is famous for other things like reel ADT for doubling etc. My initial observation of the Abbey road reverb collection is that it could be nice on " real singers" Streisand, Aguilera, Sinantra, Humperdink, Rawls, Celion Deion, Houston, Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood on some songs etc. You get my drift, People who sound good singing the phone book. They are great singers and cut great virgin tracks, need little to no pitch correction, and usually are looking more for presence than effect. As I also said I'm sure if a person plays with it enough they can get it to work for a lot of applications. It just has a sound of it's own, it is supposed to. I'm sure I will use it on some recordings but if I could only keep one reverb bundle for the type of recordings I do, I don't think this one would be it. Nice to have in the tool kit but probably not one you will use everyday. This is all my initial impression. We all know how that can change after we have spent some serious time with anything. I will report more including CPU usage when I have had more time to play with it.

...You get my drift, People who sound good singing the phone book...

LOL, love it

I was looking at AR plates, too. Still am. If I were going to have only one in my tool box, I think I'd be happy with this since I lurve the old school sound

This is one I'd like to have but I'm not a big fan of plate reverbs and it's a bit pricey for me. I have several other plate options that I already never use.

Back