Zoom 9030

Analog-LZ

Can anyone get their hands on a schematic and/or service manual for a Zoom 9030.

Also, these seem to have notorious problems with the displays. Does anyone know anything about the source of this problem and possible fixes?

It's a great guitar FX unit, but not really supported anymore.

samson site

Thanks.

I noticed they didn't even list the 9030 in discontinued products, but I went ahead and sent them an email. Hopefully they will reply.

That's Odd

I guess you bought a secondhand and the former owner didn't have the manual anymore? It happend to me too with the ZOOM 9030!!

I emailed Zoom (or Samsontech, can't remeber) and they quickly replyed that they were going to send me a copy. A few (days or)weeks I received mail from Japan!! ZOOM actually went to a copy machine and Xeroxed me a copy!! I've gat the Japanese handwrinting on the evelope, as well as the Japanse stamps to prove it!

So chances are you're going to get youre manual!

good luck,

EZP.

ps. if you have any questions I'll be happy to look in the manual for you!

Analog,

> these seem to have notorious problems with the displays. <

Shortly after the warranty expired on my 9030 (of course!) the display went blank. Usually, there's nothing you can fix inside of a gadget that's based on such tiny components. But sure enough, there's a fuse behind the display and it had blown. I went the extra mile and soldered in a fuse clip in case it blew again (it never did). So if your display has gone blank, open it up and see if this is the problem. You have to be able to solder to replace it. (Soldered-in fuses should be punishable by at least a year in jail.)

--Ethan

I had a friend with one that I changed the fuse on a couple times, so when I bought this one with a non-working fuse, I thought I was getting a good deal and would just change the fuse. Temporarily bypassing the fuse (I know, I know...don't do it) results in a current draw that either the power supply can't handle or trips a protection circuit, because it cuts the power to the unit for a couple seconds and it comes back on. I know (with the blown fuse) that the display board is communicating with the processor because if you unplug it all together, the LED display for patch number does not update when you push the patch up/down buttons or responds slowly. With the display board plugged in it acts normally (just no display) there must be a short somewhere but I can't find any visible signs of it anywhere. I'm thinking either the lamp the actual display itself or the display driver. I emailed Samson to see if replacement display boards are available, but I'm not holding my breath.

Why fuses might blow

Try setting the Lighting on the front panel to a lower light level. There is a global setting that allows you to do this. That way it will draw less current and it might not blow the fuse. When I purchased my Zoom 9030 years ago I had this problem with the fuse blowing. I sett the dimmer for the display lower, and I never had that problem again.

I am an electronics technician who fixes music gear like this so if anyone has something they would like work done on you can email me at DavGMZ67@gmail.com

Samson had sent me a fuse years ago to replace the one that blown in back of the display. Try calling Samsotech and they might have one. When you replace it
Try setting the Lighting on the front panel to a lower light level. There is a global setting that allows you to do this. That way it will draw less current and it might not blow the fuse. When I purchased my Zoom 9030 years ago I had this problem with the fuse blowing. I sett the dimmer for the display lower, and I never had that problem again.

I am an electronics technician who fixes music gear like this so if anyone has something they would like work done on you can email me at DavGMZ67@gmail.com

I think in the 9 years since he asked the question he may have figured it out, sold the zoom, or given up music and got married?

Back