Zoom 2A Comments

clinton

I'm either mad or both
Hi All

Has anyone had any experience with this unit. Basically I need to use it once a week in church to add some colour to my acoustic (Ovation 30th anniversary special) so I do realise that it aint gonna sound like a pro rack/tonelab/pod/$$$$$ effect unit.

The music shop has to order it specially for me where I live so I dont have the option to test it myself.

Also how does this compare with the KORG (yuck..never been a fan of their effects) AX10A. Aside from the exp pedal of course.

Thanks All

Ok... bit the bullet and ordered one...It will arrive in 5 days...I will post my comments when I get it.

FINALLY....it arrived today. Have been playing around with it for about an hour and I really think it is a Huge step up for the folks at Zoom.

The reverbs are really really good on this unit and while some things do fall short (nylon, 12-string) these things are almost always thrown in as a marketing tool. If u want a real 12 string sound....go buy a 12 string ect.

I must say that this is the only multi effects unit I have ever bought (and I have had a lot in my day) that the factory presets are almost completely usable straight out the box. The only real problem I found with the presets is that they are very treble heavy which makes for quite a harsh sound on the thinner strings. Just to clear something up...I will not be using this and dont recommend anyone uses a ME unit through a piezo pickup to RECORD. I think it is always better to record acoustic with a mike, however I will definitely be using this unit in a Live setting and I think that the quality of th effects will really shine through with my guitar plugged straight into the house PA.

Oh and the unit has a built in drum machine which is always handy when doing timing drills or just trying to set a mood for a piece you are practising.

So first impressions are good. The quality of reverbs is outstanding, the presets only require a little tweeking and the unit looks really solid.

This unit will absolutly cream any Korg.(and probably the boss AD series too)

If you where bitterly disapointed with the zoom 504 (Which I was) then I urge you to take a listen to the new generation pedal. I really is worth it.

Hope this helps

I've used a Zoom GFX-707 unit for quite some time. For live effects, I dont know if you could get much better.

From what I've seen Zoom is a decent company, with quite versatile, affordable units.

I hope you're happy with your purchase!

I've heard great things about that korg model you talked about (this is probably an old thread but one I'd like to revive), I'm going to hopefully be trying it out and the zoom to compare (if the store has them both) in the next few days so I'll post any results here.

Cheers,
Don

Back