Are you satisfied with your gear?

Are you satisfied with your gear?

• I am (or have been) completely satisfied and want for nothing more.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I'm not satisfied and don't think I ever will be.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • I'm not (or haven't been), but I think I will be some day.

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

famous beagle

I'm curious if there's anyone who feels right now (or has felt at some time in the past) 100% satisfied with their gear and has no desire to acquire anything new or change anything. And I'm not talking about for like a day or so. I'm talking about a good 6 months or a few years or so. I was thinking of recording gear specifically, but I suppose instruments/etc. could play into it as well.

You know what I'm talking about --- the whole "Ok ... I'm set with my pres, but I'd really like to have a few more compressors for some more options," etc.

Anyone actually feel completely satisfied with what they've got to the point that all of their energies are going toward recording only and there's nothing nagging them in the back of their mind about some sexy piece of gear they need?

Poll to follow!

that would be a no, I have cheap mics at the moment so that will be my 1st upgrade. also sound treatment is on top of my "want" list. Then a new PC platform for a DAW, then a good RTA, then, well you get the picture LOL. Although its not considered gear, I am satisfied with my new control room! Thanks

That's a good question and I answered yes. I'm at a point with gear acquisition that I really don't need anything else to obtain results I'm happy with. Anything more would just be for vanity. ha ha Like guitars, mics, preamps...... :)

That's a good question and I answered yes. I'm at a point with gear acquisition that I really don't need anything else to obtain results I'm happy with. Anything more would just be for vanity. ha ha Like guitars, mics, preamps...... :)

Vanity counts! check out my console in my studio pics.:cool:

I'm certainly "satisfied" with the gear I have....but that doesn't stop me from lusting after better gear....and there's plenty better gear still to be had. :)

I'm always keeping an eye open for potential opportunities to upgrade gear. I primarily look to upgrade my mic and mic-pre options.

I'm relatively satisfied with my recording gear, my processing gear and the various instruments I have ......... although, whenever I find a piece of gear/instrument for the "right price" I'm not adverse to feeding my overwhelming case of GAS!

I anticipate I will someday be on my deathbed, and instead of clutching a Bible, I will be holding onto the lastest copy of Elctronic Musician or a Sweetwater catalog:eek:

I am satisfied with my gear . . . for the moment. Everything is working as it should, and I'm getting the results I want.

But . . . at some point in the future, this nice glittering piece of equipment will say "buy me", and maybe it will be added.

Henry, there seems to be a double meaning to your comment! :laughings:
I'm certainly not satisfied just yet. I have a wish list, first of which is some bass traps and a different location for my desk so my speakers are not Left against the wall and Right in the middle of the room...The stuff I record with is pretty okay, but I'd like a baby bottle and maybe a TLM 103, pair of NT5's to give me a little bit of mic locker. Like my guitars, but am tired of ampsims, so a decent Orange or Mesa would be nice, and I'm still waiting on getting my Yamaha YDP 181 to replace my 162 we use at church. I can see an end (if I survive that long). Wish I'd started learning and saving earlier.

Very satisfied, Ebay is great. I got a Neumann 103 and an SSL Xlogic channel, both like new still in the box for half of what they cost new. They are both known for being super low noise with great clarity and they live up to it. Great front end.

I could think of ways to spend thousands more of coarse. :D

I'm satisfied. I can do everything I want to do with what I have and have it all come out sounding how I want it to sound. I certainly don't need anything. I don't even really want anything else. I already have too many options.

I am completely satisfied with what I have, in that I will not replace any of it.
There are still a few things lingering on my wish list:
1) Another set of AD/DA converters. I use an HD24 with the newer electronics which sounds fine, but it has a fan which causes noise.
2) A Drawmer D-Clock to manage all of my Word Clock BNC connections better
3) A high-end limiter <way down the road item>

Back