WTF!!?? Equipment malfuntion ... please help!

return it

My advise s to return it.

If you test it and it doesnt work consistantly. Return it quickly. I dont but electronic equipment off ebay.

If all else fails just contact Presonus in Baton Rouge La. ..... it could be an issue they're aware of.
EDIT ..... I see the seller agreed to fix it ..... awesome!

simply dont unless its a classic piece of analog gear
total rubbish!

Yeah ... I've bought literally hundreds (it may be 150 or 200) of used items off ebay and had never been burned until now. (And since the seller made it right, I didn't even really get burned.) I'd say those are pretty good stats! :)

My advise s to return it.

If you test it and it doesnt work consistantly. Return it quickly. I dont but electronic equipment off ebay.

I get the feeling this guy is baiting us, similar strange comments on the "my First Microphone thread".

I have bought hundreds of items off ebay, the only things that have proven to be NOT WORKING are the NOT WORKING items that I have bought to fix up, and the odd thing that was not as expected but was so stupid cheap that it did not matter.

Alan.

you dont think he should return it if its not working???....

yes, but whats with the side comments "I dont but electronic equipment off ebay" and "simply dont unless its a classic piece of analog gear" If he bought it off ebay and the guy said he would pay for the repair whats wrong with that? Quote: "Good news, however! I contacted the seller, and even though it's a few days past the 14-day return window, he's agreed to have his tech repair the unit, and all I have to do is pay for my end of shipping (he'll pay for the return shipping). It's on its way now in a flat rate USPS box for only $16. Can't beat that".

When buying second hand gear from anywhere nobody knows how long it will last, there could have been a fault that shows up 2 weeks after the sale? It may well have worked perfictly before it was sent.

Alan.

Your not convincing me about buying second hand equipment. I believe in buying new and getting the full life out of your equipment, getting a year guarantee. all that transportation and the previous history of the equipment all adds up.

Buy it new pay a little exxtra and make sure its exactly what you need before buying it. Thats what i believe.

Your not convincing me about buying second hand equipment. I believe in buying new and getting the full life out of your equipment, getting a year guarantee. all that transportation and the previous history of the equipment all adds up.

Buy it new pay a little exxtra and make sure its exactly what you need before buying it. Thats what i believe.

Well, you just go ahead and enjoy that, while I have a whole lot more 'working' gear now, and still am able to feed my family!

Well, you just go ahead and enjoy that, while I have a whole lot more 'working' gear now, and still am able to feed my family!

Yes, I got 3 Presonus Bluemax compressors that way. One was working, one was dead, and one was intermittent.

I fixed the dead one by replacing the dead on-board power transformer (got an exact replacement after a 10 second google), and I fixed the intermittent one by re-flowing solder over a couple of connections. I ended up with the three compressors for about $40, plus the price of a small transformer.

If everyone could be convinced to not buy second hand equipment, where or how do you "dispose" of your new gear that you've had for a while and no longer have a need for?

Sell it to MoreSound he is a sucker for ..... Oh - wait - Never mind. :facepalm:

I've seen stuff like this on some of my analog mixers. Just a thought... check the Insert Send/Return jacks for each channel - work them a bit. Could be that the connection in the jack(s) is a bit corroded and not getting a solid contact. I've taken Tuner Cleaner, and soaked a 1/4" plug with the cleaner and just inserted and removed the plug very quickly to try and clean the jack and break up some of that corrosion. If it is the Insert Send and Return jacks, you could also take a short 1/4" - 1/4" patch cable and go out the Send and immediately back in the Return.

Just something to try.

Back