Wiring Help!!

rockabilly1955

I got a new 2 channel (L+R) powered Behringer PMP2000 mixer. 225 watts per channel at 8ohms and is capable of handling 4ohms as well. What is the correct way to wire 2 8ohm speakers into each channel? so, a total of 4 speakers. 2 on the left and 2 on the right. It shows a little pic in the manual with 4 speakers but doesnt explain how.

Thanks for the link. But what if the speakers and my amp don't have negative or positive terminals? My speakers just have 2 1/4 jacks on the back but they aren't listed as pos or neg. My amp just has speakon outputs so I use a speakon to quarter inch cable.

Thanks for the link. But what if the speakers and my amp don't have negative or positive terminals? My speakers just have 2 1/4 jacks on the back but they aren't listed as pos or neg. My amp just has speakon outputs so I use a speakon to quarter inch cable.

does the amp have 4 outputs? do your speakers have inputs for daisy chaining?

My amp has 2 outputs. A left and right. I think my speakers can be daisy chained cuz they each have 2 quarter inch jacks in the back and aren't listed as negative or positive.

My amp has 2 outputs. A left and right. I think my speakers can be daisy chained cuz they each have 2 quarter inch jacks in the back and aren't listed as negative or positive.

as long as all the speakers are wired for the same polarity, negative/positive doesn't really matter. two 8 ohm speakers daisy chained parallel will give you a four ohm load. you're fine if the amp will handle 4 ohms per side. check that the inputs on each speaker are dual parallel. something to keep in mind is that 250 watts per side isn't a lot of power for 4 typical pa speakers. play it safe and don't clip the amp. i know i keep saying "amp" but it's faster than saying "powered mixer". :p

as long as all the speakers are wired for the same polarity, negative/positive doesn't really matter.
It kind of does, not as bad as reverse polarity on a pair of speakers, but you really want the cones pushing, not pulling... it's a subtle, but noticable difference

tip pos sleeve neg

the 1/4 inch jacks for amps are normaly tip is pos sleeve is neg
same for the speakers even if both are crossed you will not notice it
for only 2 speakers
the reason for pos and neg is for phasing thats all

My 2 watts

Last edited:
Back