Votes: 276 41.5%
  • Alto

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Phonic

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Nady

Votes: 23 3.5%

• Total voters
I apologize for my previous post. It came off in a manor not intended. I had not meant to insult anyone.

If you have had good experience with Behringer equipment, more power to you.

I like cheap gear I build myself.

Well, if I'm honest, it doesn't always end up being cheap. But at least I know what is in it, and can generally fix it if something fails.

I like cheap gear I build myself.

Well, if I'm honest, it doesn't always end up being cheap. But at least I know what is in it, and can generally fix it if something fails.

Love it.
I racked a pair of auditronics channel strips for a few hundred quid all in.

Noticed a racked pair on ebay yesterday for £1400 (i think).....
Ok, his is a really neat pro looking job, but still, I couldn't believe it.

Maybe given the real category I have to agree with the statement "none of the above".

As I may have equipment from some of these companies, I usually to some searching before I decide and purchase. What I consider truly "cheap" I will leave at the store. There has to be some redeeming qualities that I find in the equipment to draw me towards it. Also, any thing that I would consider "cheap" I will not trust and I will have a backup just incase.

So on the pure basis of the question, yes my true answer is NONE OF THE ABOVE.

I use a few Behringer bits - gotta say I have never had an issue with its reliability.
Obviously if I could get some "Top-notch" kit I'd be there lining up with my hands out.
Sadly I cant afford it, so I get what I can with the dosh I have.
If I had to use the "none of the above" option I wouldn't be recording.

Right - time to put the umbrella up, its starting to rain :)

Zeek

I've had great Peavey and Carvin gear! I love my Carvin V3. Been using a Peavey Backstage practice amp for over 20 years!

So,,,,I don't know about the other stuff.

Behringer, I have a board Xenyx 1832, bass amp, condenser mic and compressor. Once again it isn't pro but I have been happy with it. Of course there is always the stuck ups that love to rant about Behringer, guess it makes them feel superior, I just want something that works that I don't have to take out a mortgage on.

I'm glad to see peavey is respected for durability and reliability outside Mississippi. Living an hour away from meridian like I do put peavey in a whole other light. Back in the 70's mostusic stores in ms had floor plan deals with peavey...the didn't pay peavey for a piece of equipment until it sold. Peavey stocked these stores up too. You could get just about anything you needed even at small stores...
These stores sold peavey stuff by the truckloads.
I said all that to say this: for decades I have used and the circle of musicians I knew used tons of peavey gear...of every shape form and fashion. The had some duds along the way like any company and they also produced some pieces that IMO are legendary (like the bullet proof cs800 power amp). I'm here to tell you that these people stand behind their stuff! I can't count the times that me or a musician I knew would have a piece of equipment go out or get damaged (mostly due to carelessness of stoned musicians or beer sloshing bar patrons staggering on stage) and you haul ass to meridian fri morning and tell them you need it for tonight's gig...and they would drop what they were working on and fix it on the spot while you waited. They rarely charged anything and if they did it would be parts only with no markup.

So that being said I'm going to go with peavey

Last edited:
I'm glad to see peavey is respected for durability and reliability outside Mississippi. Living an hour away from meridian like I do put peavey in a whole other light. Back in the 70's mostusic stores in ms had floor plan deals with peavey...the didn't pay peavey for a piece of equipment until it sold. Peavey stocked these stores up too. You could get just about anything you needed even at small stores...
These stores sold peavey stuff by the truckloads.
I said all that to say this: for decades I have used and the circle of musicians I knew used tons of peavey gear...of every shape form and fashion. The had some duds along the way like any company and they also produced some pieces that IMO are legendary (like the bullet proof cs800 power amp). I'm here to tell you that these people stand behind their stuff! I can't count the times that me or a musician I knew would have a piece of equipment go out or get damaged (mostly due to carelessness of stoned musicians or beer sloshing bar patrons staggering on stage) and you haul ass to meridian fri morning and tell them you need it for tonight's gig...and they would drop what they were working on and fix it on the spot while you waited. They rarely charged anything and if they did it would be parts only with no markup.

So that being said I'm going to go with peavey

With this said I've been on tours through out the south and I swear everybody - and I mean everybody - had Peavey gear.

Naiant def. The odd piece of Behringer is good value but, in reality, almost all my gear is cheap and almost all of it does what I need so Bruno, Epiphone, Jade, Pignose, Roland, Boss, Dunlop, Ernie Ball strings, Emperador, Vantage, Focusrite, Korean Fender, Marshall VS, Kustom and Jands all do for me.

Back