Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Phonic

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Nady

Votes: 23 3.5%

• Total voters

maestro_dmc

Uses Paramedic EQ
Everyone says they hate cheap gear, but hey, we all own something cheap from somebody we don't want to admit. Who's junk do you buy when you have to buy junk?

Last edited:
peavy,
hey, you could do worse!

(they should use that as a part of an ad campaign)

really, thier stuffs fine, not awsome, but good
and i'll usually choose an older company over a newer one, the mistakes have been worked out by the time i get to it.

Reactions: NL5
Peavy gear has served me very well for many years - I don't think I've ever had a piece of Peavy gear fail me - nor have I ever heard any of my musical associates tell a Peavy horror story.

Strictly on the question of what do I trust the most, Peavey wins hands down. There's almost always better stuff than Peavey, but trust is not about what is absolutely the best...it's about what's stable. Every piece of Peavey gear I have ever used has always worked exactly the same way every time and I have never ever had any of their stuff break on me. There are stories of their Classic series of tube amps (I have a Classic 30) falling out of the backs of vans and trucks at 40+ mph and coming out of it scratched up but still 100% functional.

Reactions: NL5
my uncle's had a peavey powered mixer, a huge 24 channel mixer, and some old SP4's for God knows how many years, and they all still work like new, never any problems. i'd have to go with peavey in this case.

Rane for sure. They have such a breadth of products, and even though I've only used a small number of them (about 6 different items), and owned even less (3 items), there's a consistency in the quality level and clever engineering, all at a low cost.

My favourite Guitar player I ever worked with played through a Carvin rig, and he sounded awesome. I hardly credit the rig though.

I'm not an expert, but Behringer plain stinks.

In my part of the world peavey products are expensive and so is Carvin. Have used sp2 and they are good.

i work in a fairly upscale live venue and alot of times we get tech riders that while stating band FOH needs they also stat NO peavey mains or monitor wedges for their act. pretty funny, ive seen it alot. personally id take a vmp-2 before any other pre made by a diff company on that list. art is drt cheap and id paick them oftem to. pro vla is great as is mpa gold.

I went with Peavey because I have only owned two Peavey products in my life and I still have both of them and they still work good as new. One is a little guitar and (Audition 20) and a bass amp (Combo 300). The Combo 300 kicks ass. It used to be my main amp in the 80's. I used to crank that thing hard and couldn't kill it. :D
I don't know about new Peavey gear but the old stuff just keeps going.

I had a Behringer V-Amp Pro for a year before it crapped out. I liked it but I can't have unreliable stuff so I got rid of it.

mr.rich said:
i work in a fairly upscale live venue and alot of times we get tech riders that while stating band FOH needs they also stat NO peavey mains or monitor wedges for their act. pretty funny, ive seen it alot.

Not a big surprise, Peavey isn't upscale. I have some Peavey wedges, the woofers are fine but the horns are crap. I'll probably replace those horns. The construction, however, is completely bulletproof.

Peavey is kind of like Toyota or Honda--not very exciting, you wish it would die so you could buy a better car, but it never does :o

The only Peavey gear I haven't liked is a pair of PA speakers loaded with BW 15's and horns. They have a a very unpleasant harsh midrange. I don't know why I keep them around. They can get pretty loud, I guess.

I am a big Carvin fan.
Here is the carvin stuff I have owned:
T-100, X-100A, AC275, DC135T (2 of them), Bolt, DC127C, Quad-X, patchbay, tuner, I have Carvin pickups in my Ibanez GB10N
My buddy has an SX100 that sounds great.

When I started buying in 1972, they were really cheap. They have gradually upscaled to the point where they are not exactly "cheap" compared to the Chinese stuff, butthey are still moderate and reasonable.

Back