Votes: 276 41.5%
  • Alto

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Phonic

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Nady

Votes: 23 3.5%

• Total voters
Out of the choices you listed, Peavey is the only brand I can honestly say I have never had anything repaired on. I dont think it's the best gear, but it has never failed me. 100% reliability for me with Peavey stuff.

i still have my rage58 still i want to get new amp

since this is like a standard amp that comes with most guitar beginner packeges

and i havent had any problems with it at all

ART and Studio Projects. Totally useable stuff.

I use Alesis M1 Mk2 monitors as a second reference to Genelec 8030's..it's my lazy version of going out to the car...I just realized that my mixes will be played as mp3's through either crappy computer speakers or iPod earbuds 99% of the time from here on out. I'm thinking expensive monitors are kinda dumb anymore.

Well, kids, here we are, mixing for iPods, when we got into it to cut vinyl. Sigh..

Not Peavey

I'd have to say Behringer. Sure, it sounds pretty @#$%#$ bad. But it's built well and I don't worry about it getting stepped on, chewed on, crapped on, or whatever.

As for Peavey, I had two Peavey bass amps with the 15" Black Widows and they both blew pretty easily. Started with those Black Widows slowly-deconing and then the amps finally crapped the bed. I usually fix things, but I gave it all away except for one of the cabinets, which in itself weighs about 90 freakin pounds. I think it's tuned to a nice honky 100-150 hz, which is why my bass sounded terrible through it.

Most all my stuff is entry level, except a couple of pieces. I've had great luck with Presonus - especially the Acousti-Q blender. I'm not all that fond of the Blue Tube but I imagine it'll sparkle a little if I start experimenting with tubes. It works and is OK.

I rave about the M-Audio DMP3 every chance I can - it is a killer piece for the price and gets you started with a decent, quiet and reliable preamp. Still entry level, though. I've got a Peavey powered stage monitor that I swear you could feed 220 volts and it would be fine with it. Bulletproof. I've got some Behringer gear that I really despise. But there is that little pocket mixer that works pretty well as a subwoofer crossover - sort of - for live stuff. Any port in a storm, as they say. I have a Rolls cable wizard thingie that has saved my butt a few times by keeping dead cables away from the stage. I love basic stuff that is durable and does what it claims to do.

Never tried Carvin gear, but I like the idea of a U.S. manufacturer holding its own in this market and might try something some day. I have a bunch of Mackie gear and love it. I have a bunch of Studio Projects mics and they are incredibly good for what I paid and way beyond my abilities. I voted for Peavey.

Ive never considered carvin to be cheap, do you mean in price or quality?
My new carvin guitar and amp combo sounds better and plays better than any guitar and amp I have ever played and Ive been playing for 20 years.
I just got into carvin because of all the other companies having their crap made in china and mexico. Ive had peavy amps and they were such junk I ended up using one as a coffee table.

I had to mix a live show on a Behringer mixer once. It was definitely one of the scariest moments of my life. The whole time, I thought it might catch on fire. It just felt weird...

I love my M-Audio BX8 monitors and the Delta 1010lt isn't bad either. The Art VLA compressor has treated me well too.

Behringer

I HAVE A BEHRINGER B-1
BEHRINGER TUBE ULTRAGAIN MIC 200
BEHRINGER HPM 1000's
and I saved tons of money by purchasing it and my recordings soud great.
Also for this price the equipment is always made with rock solid metal and it looks pretty cool.Peole are always admiring the smooth grey mettallic design
of my setup.
Also thinking about those BCF faders.
Behringer is making those other companies lower their prices with this kind of affordability(word)
So, even those behringer bashers should be glad because these prices will make your preferred company drop their prices to keep up with the competition.

ALSO IF YOU HAVE NEVER TRIED BEHRINGER OR ANY PRODUCT, TRY IT FIRST FOR YOURSELF, SOME OF THESE KIDS GIVE BEHRINGER A BAD NAME JUST BECUASE OF A CASE OF "well if it's that cheap it's gotta be crap" syndrome.
You could save yourself lots of money :D

my vote . . . none of the above and all of the above.

i don't make brand distinctions. i get stuff that suits me. sometimes it is good, sometimes not. buying cheap means taking a risk. sometimes it pays off, and other times it doesn't.

i've got a variety of brands; some i am happy with, and others not.

I would not choose M-audio. Their qc is questionable at best. If Yamaha were on the list I would probably choose them. I'm a drummer and have never owned a piece of peavy gear but I know people who have over the years and I guess their pretty consistant. I think Yamaha makes the best cheap shit. Them and Mackie of course. :D

Why is it that people like to trash equipment listed above, but when I trash the crap they "upgrade" to, they get all offended?

Funny bunch here.

I stay in the top end for a very good reason. I don't have to spend my life savings "upgrading" one piece of shit at a time.

behringer is horsecrap,
in the beginning i was still saying/. OK, lots of options for the price,
i keep meeting guys that are totally frustrated cause their behringer machine broke down.. AGAIN,
like last weekend, i got a call to do a PA cause the behringer mixer died,
the week before that someone called me cause they wanted to use my mixer since their behringer mixer died,
in the studio i work freelance they got rid of their mx9000 cause it just fell apart, the IDIOTS replaced it with brand new mx9000,
its just dumb to buy this brand,
yeayeayeayea lots of PRO studio's use them uh?
i spit on it ! gear that breaks down so frequently is a discrace, we're not talking about sound anymore, but like "oh i got a session tomorrow, i hope my mixing board will still work!" :mad:

Back