Votes: 276 41.5%
  • Alto

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Phonic

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Nady

Votes: 23 3.5%

• Total voters
I like how Carvin is on the cheap gear list. I have an MTS3200 Combo amp for guitar and get compliments on the clean tone all the time...of course the lead channel distortion totally sucks (80's hair metal galore). I also use their BX500 Bass head. 500 watts and 5.5 lbs... hell yeah! I've played a semi-hollow electric and it had very Scofield-ish tones. Their portable PA stuff is killer too. Light, loud, and clear. Has anyone used any of their Rack Gear? The FX2 stereo effects unit is tempting me.

Yup Behringer..... they just needed a mixer that would last (hopefully) till the end of the production then just throw it away.:eek::D:laughings::D:eek:...

They do, Costco is selling 10 packs of Behringer pa's. They're disposable, the case is cardboard and the whole thing decomposes in a few weeks.

You just snap 1 of the 10 pa's off of the package, use it at your gig and then leave it when you're finished. Just like those disposable disk drives they sell.

They do, Costco is selling 10 packs of Behringer pa's. They're disposable, the case is cardboard and the whole thing decomposes in a few weeks.

You just snap 1 of the 10 pa's off of the package, use it at your gig and then leave it when you're finished. Just like those disposable disk drives they sell.

:laughings::laughings::laughings::laughings::laughings:
And to help them decompose faster... when you leave the gig you simply take a whiz on it.:eek::D:eek:................Can we get a whizzing smiley?

:cool:

I have some Behringer pedals, and friends of mine have Behringer amps and mics that really are amazing.

I've used Peavey for 27 years, only item to ever fail on me was an original Deca 700 power amp, had to have it sent back to Peavey to have a channel rebuilt because there were no numbers on any of the componants. I still have it but the other channel acts up now. I bought a Behringer mixer for a church and it imploded within 18 months. I have a 2442 at home that has a bad fader on the left master. I won't buy Behringer anymore, just can't trust it.

When in high school (1984) I bought my first "real" pa. I ordered it from Carvin, the 12 channel board fried the first gig I did so I sent it back for repair, got it back and it fried again. Got my money back on it. I kept the mains and the floor wedge, still have the floor wedge to this day, one of the best sounding monitors I've ever used.

I own other cheap gear, I have an Alto 6-channel headphone amp that does a great job. I have some Art preamps, ones a little noisy. I fully believe in the end, you get what you pay for most of the time. :p

I tend to buy cheap gear for stuff that doesn't enter my recording chain. Like my Behringer headphone amp. 8 channels, plenty of volume = happy band, and it doesn't affect how the recording sounds. Behringer is good for stuff like that, their DI's are pretty solid for live use too. When it comes to pres, mics, interface, etc. it's best not to skimp.

Best to buy quality shit, no doubt. But what the hell, I got little money, and less free time, so my vote is for m-audio.

Monitors, controllers, a mobile interface, some other shit... they seem to treat the broke folks (and/or cheapskates) with respect.

It depends on the product.

Carvin-great guitars, not so great pa's & amps
Peavey-great amps, not so great guitars
Behringer- really varies. Guitar & bass amps-don't trust em. Some pedals are awesome and others are cheap tone suckers. I LOVE the powered near field monitor. Sounds fabulous and at 1/2 the cost of the Mackie.
I have a reverb pedal from Beta Aivin. $50 new. Sounds every bit as good as the $179 Boss. People pay high dollars for an Ibanez tube screamer, but try to sell an Ibanez distortion for $30. aINT GONNA HAPPEN.

I've always found Peavey eqipment to be the workhorse of working bands. I've used their amps, guitars and pa cabinets for years. My band curently employs a Peavey amp for our keyboardest and two peavey pa cabinets with spyder speakers - in my studio I use a small Minx 110 Bass amp for recording - the company has proven to me time & time again that you don't have to be expensive to be good.
i've also used Behringer effects processors and have been very pleased with the results.
I know there's a lot of controversy with this company(quite frankly I've kept myself out of the loop) but the virtualizer pro i use has given me some prety goos results

peavy

ive had alot of peavy stuff it all still works great . gota clean them up once in a wile but some is 20 years old and still sounding great

Last night I was doing the re-racking that I wanted to squeeze in before I do my final re-racking of the year...

Was checking out my Behringer VIRTUALIZER PRO DSP1024P; ten years old and still works like a charm...

it depends what kind of gear you want really, if I want a compressor or patchbay then I'm fine with paying less and getting a behringer but if I'm completely honest I would not buy a Behringer effects processor because they're awful

I really like older crate SLM gear, held up over the years and was always a great price. Peavey also, have tons of 80's peavey gear that still goes strong. Carvin is a great price but everything I have ever bought from them hasn't even proved to be studio worthy.

Back