Votes: 276 41.5%
  • Alto

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Phonic

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Nady

Votes: 23 3.5%

• Total voters
I really trust the stuff I've made and it's dirt cheap.

myrack.jpg

Tube amp made from kit (on top of rack) cost under $200 total. An added plus is there's always warm socks (tube socks of course!) on top of it ready to throw on.

Under that is a speaker selector switch I made for maybe $15. It's ugly and the case was meant as a mock up... I'm just thinking of making it built into something bigger - maybe the base of the tube amp. It works very well. It's an A/B comparison design based on a Proco.

Under the thing with all the knobs (tube eq) there's the passive selector summing volume control whatever you want to call it. That was maybe $15 to put together.
All this stuff is "forever" stuff, none of it was that hard to do.

I like your kit...Its excellent :)

lol@tube socks! hahaha...

My favorite component is the "Mojo Meter" on the left. The harder you rock, the higher it goes. :D

I have got that meter up to about 93, my goal is to hit 100 but I don't have hair like Dave Grohl.
Thanks kcearl, eventually I'll have a room with just wood, tubes, big knobs and a computer monitor.

Last edited:
Now that you mention it - way in the back of our audio warehouse/shop there is a bunch of peavey stuff from at least 20 years ago granted the peavey logos have gaff tape over them to avoid tech rider detection everything from amps to mix boards they worked then and I'll bet 1ooooooooooooo dollars if I dragged it all out now they will still work --- but you would still have that peavey sound coming out of it.

Anyone want to take this stuff off my hands? I had forgotten all about this stuff.

That was my experience with Peavey - you'd keep hoping that it would break so you could throw it away but it won't!

Ah Ipswich I think I go there 3 or 4 times a year to run live sound and do live location recordings for different bands that hires my company - is it called Ipswich castle? I think it is but correct me if I'm miss quoting the name of the place they do a summer concert series out side around the back with this long maybe 1/2 mile or more of tendered lawn all the way to the ocean.
Any way I live in Jaffrey NH and if you don't know where that is it's the home of Mt Monadnock (almost everybody know it when I say that) and that puts me 5 mins. from MA and 20 mins. from VT in fact look at a map of New England and Jaffrey in smack in the middle 1 to 2 hours to get anywhere in New England!

So ya if your interested in some Peavey equipment cheap let me know.

The Crane Estate... Castle on the Hill. I saw Entrain (local Vineyard band) for the first time in years up there this summer... great time, tough venue to do sound (off axis) at least on budget...

And OK, you drive a hard bargain... I'll take care of half the shipping cost, and that's it. (You calculate the shipping, I'll drive over to pick the stuff up, then you pay me half of what it would have cost to ship... you're saving a ton of money here)

I had to mix a live show on a Behringer mixer once. It was definitely one of the scariest moments of my life. The whole time, I thought it might catch on fire. It just felt weird...

Yup I had a similar experience with said name brand pretty weird huh a side from the feel of it I could hear an other band doing a set from the parking lot and I said to my associate man if that don't sound like a Behringer console and low and behold upon entering the venue ...so not only can you smell poop from a long way off you can hear it also!!!! but hey they made bic lighters to be disposable and almost put zippo out of business - and we are suppose to be all thinking for a green planet ? The product is cheap and if it breaks don't get it fixed its way cheaper to purchase a new one..told to me from their service dept. and the same as all that type of cheap gear some things are great(a few a very few)but the rest is just ca - ca.

The Crane Estate... Castle on the Hill. I saw Entrain (local Vineyard band) for the first time in years up there this summer... great time, tough venue to do sound (off axis) at least on budget...

And OK, you drive a hard bargain... I'll take care of half the shipping cost, and that's it. (You calculate the shipping, I'll drive over to pick the stuff up, then you pay me half of what it would have cost to ship... you're saving a ton of money here)

Ya but were am I to find replacements for all this cool door holder openers

i had very good luck with a couple of peavey mixers, power amps, and pa spkrs back in the late '70s to late '80s.
none of them ever failed.

oh. except for a tweeter in one of the spkrs after about 10 yrs of hard use.

i had very good luck with a couple of peavey mixers, power amps, and pa spkrs back in the late '70s to late '80s.
none of them ever failed.

oh. except for a tweeter in one of the spkrs after about 10 yrs of hard use.

Yup you know I think that may have been one of the failures I experienced and uh.... uh.... uh.... ya its starting to come back to me now soon after they came out with the field replacement baskets (speakers) I had to change one of those, what were they called ? scorpions ....man what a long strange trip its been! that was several life times ago.

This has been brought to you by MoreSound Time Machine Store in business sense 2075

My Peavey classic 30 sounds great..so does this Peavey Bravo 112 with a speaker change..both sound very good!!

Soooooooooo it looks like Peavey has the vote so far hands down!

Ya know I'm from the north but in my travels through out the south everybody has Peavey and I mean everybody. Even for PA installs in some big clubs it's insane.

Back