Where can I find a schematic for an Alesis Quadraverb?

jwalker262

I have an old Quadraverb Plus that's gone belly up. I'd like to see if I can repair it. I checked with Alesis about getting a schematic for it, and they want to charge $50. The unit itself isn't worth much more than that!

Any ideas where to look for a schematic so I can repair this guy? The problem is more than likely in the analog input stage, but without a schematic I'm going to have a hard time finding exactly where.

Thanks,
John

Sennheiser said:
What is it doing or not doing?

1) The input signal meter always has the bottom LED lit, even when there is no signal present at the input (nothing connected).
2) The output is just pops and cracks, even when nothing is connected to the input.
3) To add insult to injury, the LCD display seems to be burned out.

Any ideas?

John

No I don't. I'm sorry.

The LCD screen is illumimated with an LED or two. That's the least of your problems, but easy to fix even without a schematic.

With the symptoms you decribe, the cost of labor, not to mention parts, would exceed the cost or value of the unit.

I'd buy another and keep the one you have for spare parts. I have a MidiVerb IV and I think it does a respectable job for its' price point. It ain't a Lexi, but it gets the job done.

quadraverb gt battery

any progress on this?

I too have problems with mine but has been suggested that as it is getting on in years it could be the battery needs replacing, how to replace the battery- anyone know?

i have a problem with mine crackling and some effects work and some don't

Back