What should be plugged into the Furman power conditioner

OnlyLeura

I've got my iMac and my monitor speakers powered from my Furman M-8Lx power conditioner, which is mounted in a convenient desktop rack. What else in my studio should be getting clean power and surge protection through that unit? What about DC-powered items? Would a Zoom TAC-8 interface, which uses a DC adapter, benefit from it? Or does AC-to-DC conversion mean something different?

I've got my iMac and my monitor speakers powered from my Furman M-8Lx power conditioner, which is mounted in a convenient desktop rack. What else in my studio should be getting clean power and surge protection through that unit? What about DC-powered items? Would a Zoom TAC-8 interface, which uses a DC adapter, benefit from it? Or does AC-to-DC conversion mean something different?

The simple answer is, everything! The unit is rated at 15amps which is over 1.6kW for 110V input. I doubt many home studios can get close to half that power consumption for audio kit (not heaters or T lights!)

If there are not enough outlets use a strip.

Here in UK, our lektrik is very stable and clean* so even the pros' tend not to use conditioners (and some can make ground noise worse) .

I would suggest the addition of a small UPS to at least keep the mac running long enough to save and shut down properly. Don't forget a lamp on UPS as well!

*Bloody should be! Costs enough!

Dave.

Back