What is a CV in/out?

It kind of depends on what we're talking about.

If it's a building full of nuns, it's probably the entrance/exit to a Convent.

If it's a fancy bakery that does weddings, it may be the Cake Vault.

If they're doors on a small car, they're the doors on a Cramped Vehicle.

If it's several inputs or a single multi-pin port on some A/V device, it could be for Component Video.

It might be for Control Voltage. Although this is normally found on old synthesizers I have seen some effects boxes that have it. Some older Boss Chorus/Flanger units come to mind.

Yep, its a control voltage. This can be an expression pedal or a scaled CV for notes. there are several different formats so you should look up what it expects before plugging stuff in

Thanks for the replies. The CV in and out is on the Trident 4t, channel strip. I probably have no need for it anyway but was wondering what it might be for. I guess it's probably for some kind of trigger then? Though I don't know what you'd need that for on a channel strip. It's a got a few funny features on it, it's also got stereo xlrs out though just one xlr mic input. It's a mono channel so I don't get that feature either. Sounds great though!

Maybe it could be for controlling a compresor if it has one, like to crate a slave strip, compressed the same amount as in some other strip.

Maybe it could be for controlling a compresor if it has one, like to crate a slave strip, compressed the same amount as in some other strip.
We have a winner... found this post somewhere else

Mike Manthe @ Equipment Prostitute said:
The purpose of the CV in and CV out jacks is to enable the chaining together of two or more 4T Celebration Channels. To do this you simply need to connect the CV output of one unit (master) to the CV input of the next unit (slave) using a standard stereo TRS cable. When linked together, the slave unit will follow the master unit in respect of the attach, release, ratio and threshold controls. All other controls on the 4T units will remain separate...

Thats a killer strip. can I ask how much you paid?

I bought it locally, used, $685.00. And it really does sound sweet! Trident has also been making some affordable mixing consoles too if you check out thier site. Something to shoot for in the future.

Back