Weird noise on built-in digital FX unit (Alesis Multimix)

Vagodeoz

One-Man-Band
A friend got an Alesis Multimix, and the digital FX is f*cked up. I turn on the return knob and all kind of digital distortion and sounds start to come up. Even if I'm not sending any channel to the FX unit.
I bought it from MF and shipped to a friend's house in USA and he brought it here, so sending it back isn't very realistic...
Any DIY solutions or most common causes for this problem?

A friend got an Alesis Multimix, and the digital FX is f*cked up. I turn on the return knob and all kind of digital distortion and sounds start to come up. Even if I'm not sending any channel to the FX unit.
I bought it from MF and shipped to a friend's house in USA and he brought it here, so sending it back isn't very realistic...
Any DIY solutions or most common causes for this problem?
Might want to take a look under the hood... The effects board may have been jarred loose (or any other board for that matter) by the "luggage goons" on the flight over. Check the bottom for any access doors, look for the simple stuff first...

then climb up on a chair, hold it over your head, and gently release it... knocking everything back into place

Back