Weird Boss ME50 problem

Mr. C

I have a Boss ME50 that I use with my classic 20 and 30. I have a problem recently when I use it during church rehearsals (thus don't use it). It makes a horrible squealing noise. I plugged into a different outlet, turned it on and off etc. Still the same problem. Then at home when I tried it it only did the noise briefly, seemed maybe there was a problem with distortion switch, but turned out okay. Took it back to church same thing, noise. Brought it home and plugged in and it sounded great. Any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks.

I have a Boss ME50 that I use with my classic 20 and 30. I have a problem recently when I use it during church rehearsals (thus don't use it). It makes a horrible squealing noise. I plugged into a different outlet, turned it on and off etc. Still the same problem. Then at home when I tried it it only did the noise briefly, seemed maybe there was a problem with distortion switch, but turned out okay. Took it back to church same thing, noise. Brought it home and plugged in and it sounded great. Any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks.
I had a few thoughts, but they weren't very helpful... so I'll give someone else a chance to knock this one out of the park....

It seems that the only difference here is the power outlet that you're using.

Might there be a problem with the cleanliness of the power you're getting church?

Does anyone else experience the same sort of problems with effects units that are connected to the mains power where you play at church?

well, you can run it off batteries... even off a nine volt if you don't mind it not lasting too long. I do that all the time when going mobile... I hate tripping over a wallwart wire LoL.

so there's a solutino for you anyway.

my me-50 has never done that though. I expect the above answer is right... cruddy power at that place.

Found the problem and now I feel dumb...it was the cable, actually it must be both cables because it happened with both. Tonight when I plugged in at home it was making that noise and I checked to see if the cable was plugged in and it was, but when I grabbed hold of the cable the noise stopped. I'll be making an exchange for a couple of new cables.

Both cables bad? I don't know there friend... what's the common element?

The input jack on the pedal??

Back