Waves "Soundgrid."

I need a few plugins. I came across a Waves plugin [[ Waves Scheps 73 Native/SG Software Download | Musician's Friend ]] which description included: ""This version made for Waves SoundGrid."" I am unfamiliar with SoundGrid, searched it, but could not figure out what it means in practical terms. Does it mean that I can't just buy the thing, download it, and use it, but that I'll have to be connected to the Muthership orbiting the Moon or some $&%^# thing?
Thanks for any clarification. :confused:

My understanding is, Waves plugins will work as a straight VST or take advantage of their soundgrid technology where the offload processing to another source, and gain some hardware modeling features.

Maybe others know more, but doing a little research earlier, that was what I understood.

Waves has just about everthing on sale right now but I believe soundgrid optimized software will not work in your application

My understanding from about 1-2 years ago, most Waves plugins support soundgrid, but doesn't require it unless it specifies soundgrid as a system requirement. With that said, I think you still use the VST normally, but the VST is soundgrid aware and it knows to use that hardware (if present) instead of the computer's resources.

But EF like you stated, best to contact Waves and get the real knowledge.

Back