Waves Native Power pack

The Waves plug-ins are good, no doubt about it. They do require you to use a dongle (a little gadget you attach to the parallel port on your computer). I hate dongles :(.

Sonic Timeworks also makes some great stuff (and no dongle required). I really liked their Mastering compressor, Mastering EQ, and CompressorX in particular. I think they are comparable to the Waves L1, Ren EQ, and Ren Compressor... but with their own flavor. You can download a 15 day fully functional trial from their web site.

I have the I and II power pack versions and just love them.. The compressor is silent, and the L1 Ultramaximizer is the best normalizer I have heard...you can't really hear it working. The truverb is very nice sounding, but a little cumbersome to use... I use it mostly for spot edits, etc..not whole tracks. The Eq's are nice too..no complaints. The Max bass is incredible, but I am afraid to use it for fear of what it might sound like elsewhere. The de esser is good to...you have to be careful or you can screw it up..but it works great. Plugins are great (to me) for editing, but I still like rack stuff for mixing, tracking, and monitoring. the stereo enhancer is neat...as you can widen stereo tracks and shift them side to side to balance out mixes better and so forth. I don't like it on final mixes, but it is good for split keys, drums..whatever you liked really panned hard.

I'd recommend buying them definitely. The true verb is one of the best reverb units and ultramaximizer is amazing. There is an extensive array of equalisers that are easy to use. Well worth it. Radium also has a version of it.

Thanks eveybody for the advise. It seems like these plugins pretty much get the ok from you all. I didn't realise that they were dongle driven which is a bit of a pain but I guess I can live with that. I will give the demos at Sonic Timeworks a go to see what they're like, I've found the Web site and already down loaded them. Anybody heard of db-Audioware plugins?

Thanks again

Back