Vocal Harmonizers

engineear

Looking for input on vocal harmonizers. Anyone recommend any software based systems? Go software or black box? Considering a wide range, Digitech to Eventide. Primarily for recorded material but live is in the mix too. All creative ideas very welcome. Thanx.

B

Have you heard of Prosoniq - Time Factory. It is the best computer software pitch changer - but I don't think it will do that automatic thing but if you want to pitch change it's the best - albeit slow.

I've immensely enjoyed using my Digitech Studio Vocalist EX for 3 years now,and I don't know of any box or software that does as many Vocal related things as well as it does regardless of price.One catch,they stopped making them...But if you find one used in good working order I believe you will like it.BTW,these comments apply ONLY to the Studio Vocalist model;the lower end Digitech stuff uses,er,more "cost effective" components and has the results to prove it.Cheers!

V.Ray... You're not going to believe...went to local Sam Ash to look @ Digitech products. Had a couple of the lower end products, you know, ehh! The guy b hind the desk asked what I was looking 4. He said hey I have a friend with a STUDIO VOCALIST EX!! Yeah right! Well he did. Called the guy, a keyboard musician right from store, went right over and demoed. He said it was a little too involved 4 him ( can understand why- has ALOT of parameters; I will probably b postin" some ?'s 4 ya, SORRY!!). One-ish year old hardly used, MINT CHERRY condition. He paid (showed receipt and I know salesman) $820. Gave him $300 and I CAN'T STOP PLAYING WITH THIS THING. Bottom line: luck and timing matters, these forum's with all of you "informed " people are GREAT, and most importantly THANKS!

The easiest and most "cost effective" way to do harmonies is to pick out the harmony part on the guitar or keyboards.
It's not that hard if you give it a chance... really.

Back