Vocal effects processor recommendations?

gulleyg

I'm looking for an inexpensive vox processor primarily for live performances (yeah, I know we're all about home recording here, but hey, it's close, isn't it?)

I would like to find something that I could also use in other applications (like my home studio, ok?). It needs to have midi inputs/outputs. So that rules out that DOD floor unit thing they make for vox.

The effects I want are delay, reverb, and chorus. Imagine that. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking about the new Boss VF-1 (which at $360 doesn't really qualify as inexpensive). Although it's geared for guitar, it does have vocal effects and I've used the Boss SE-50 for 10 years on my guitar and I absolutely love it. I'd get another one if I could find one.

GG

gulleyg,

Behringer makes an effects processor called the Virtualizer DSP1000P. It sells at most places for about $120. I got it from AMS ( www.americanmusical.com ) from about that price. I use it to on voice when recording folks that can't stand to hear their voices dry (just monitoring with it not recording it).

It's a good unit for what I use it for. I also plan on using it in live situations soon. For the money, I doubt that you can beat this unit. The effects, when used right are good for this price point. The unit will also work very well as a live unit, because the parameters (2 dedicated and a low and high dedicated EQ) have dedicated buttons and are easily accessible on the front panel.

Rev E

Back