Valley people Gatex

alexthacowboy

hello any of u have some experience with these gates?

studio close out want like 80 dollars for the gate.

so i'm thinking in buying, but any advice?

thanks

That's a decent price. If you need external gates, Valley People is a top company for them. A Gatex is a single-rack space with 4 gates/expanders.

Do a Google search for Valley People and Allison Research.

They are nice but often forgotten wonderful gates. $80 sounds good to me. Thats even cheaper than Behringer. Aphex also makes good gates that are very fairly priced:)

Gates are a very specialized item...and by specialized I mean it takes some talent to use them properly.Of course the better the device, the easier it is to use.Without mentioning some of the extreme high-end ones,the companies that build really good gates are Drawmer,Valley People/Allison,DBX and Aphex.That is a good price for a hardware gate and worth it. I have found that the gates in software(if you use a DAW) are as good and qhite a bit quieter than hardware stuff. However , I still love the sight of the gates opening and closing and all the lights blinking in time with the music.

I agree with that.....Gatex was THE drum gate for live for sure and a very nice studio unit as well.ONE guy does not make a crowd.

alexthacowboy said:
i found and old thread here and 1 guy said this arent good for drums? any advice?

thank guys for your answers.

The thing with the Gatex is it takes a little bit of tweaking to find the perfect settings. This guy may not have spent the needed time to get it right. I had one, really liked it. (Not that my opinion is worth much :D )

Back