Using a POD with Roland Jazz Chorus?

ibreaktheglass

Hey all, I've been browsing these forums for awhile now, and have found them to be quite useful. So much so, that I've decided to register and actually participate. :D Anyhow, I come to you all to pick your brains perhaps, on how I could improve my existing setup. Basically it goes like this:

Once upon a time, I went to the local music store and fell in love with a Roland Jazz Chorus amp (JC-90). Despite its serious issues in the distortion department, I ultimately ended up buying it for it's incredible clean tones and reverb/chorus, figuring I could always use a stompbox for distortion instead. For awhile now, I've been using a Boss DS-1 and I've gotten to the point where I pretty much hate that little orange bastard. I recently picked up a used POD for recording purposes, but it hadn't occourred to me that I should use it to replace my crappy distortion pedal for live stuff as well.

What I want to do is somehow hook up my gear so that I can use the amp normally on the clean setting, but also be able to have a distorted settting dialed in and ready to go on the POD. Then I can use the footswitch for my amp to kick that on when i need it, just as if I was using a stomp box.
Is this even possible? How could I make this work? The amp has an effects send and stereo return, as well as 3 footswitch inputs for the reverb, chorus, and the built-in distortion (which I never use).

Anyone have experience doing something like this?

You can use the POD between the guitar and the amp, the POD will function as a multieffects pedal.

Remember to turn the A.I.R. switch to ¨Amp¨.

well ...... if you want to be able to cut the POD out of the circuit when you're not using it ..... then you need an A/B switch.
remember ...... that POD is always on ...... there is no bypass that'll take it totally out of the signal ..... it will always be converting the signal to digital and back and will always have some form of modeling going on.
So if you want the Roland sound to sometimes be as it always has been ..... then an A/B switch is the answer.

BTW, IMO ...... that DS-1 has to be the nastiest 'bees-in-a-can" distortion ever made.
I have one ....... can't imagine what it might sound good on.
:D

I use the Pod 2.0 on stage since 2001, with very good results (you have to have a good monitoring sistem), but ever in line (with the "air" mode), never before a guitar amp. In this case, sounds bad, annoying, . The amp switch function is "lie", IMO.

Ciro

Back