Unbalanced Spring reverb for vocals.

kmacbeatle

I have a Furman RV-1 reverb that I want to put in my vocal chain for recording. It only has unbalanced inputs and outputs. Will i get the same problems putting a mic signal through it that i would putting a mic signal through a guitar pedal? will i have impedance issues? If my chain looks like this, will I be okay?

Microphone>preamp>preamp's unbalanced output into reverb unbalanced input> reverb's unbalanced output into compressors unbalanced input> compressor's balanced output into the balanced input of audio interface

Thanks so much!

My advice would be to not add any reverb or compression while tracking. Because, if it turns out that you don't like any part of it, you can't undo it. A lot of people add those effects to the tracks later as needed.

You may want to consider this. There are no rules in recording, but there sure is common sense reasoning.

Unless you want a super wet reverb sound you probably want to put the compressor before the reverb. But like Raw Depth suggested it's safer to record clean and add effects in the mix.

My advice would be to not add any reverb or compression while tracking. Because, if it turns out that you don't like any part of it, you can't undo it. A lot of people add those effects to the tracks later as needed.

You may want to consider this. There are no rules in recording, but there sure is common sense reasoning.

Yep. Why be stuck with it when you can add it later.

F.S.

Back