"Ultimate" mastering processor: Nord Modular!!

regebro

Insane Genious!
Well, OK, it doesn't have digital ins and outs. Thats the drawback. And the input are 16b/48k, although the internal processing is 24b/96k. So maybe it doesn't cut it for professional mastering. But for me? Perfect!
I found this 3-band stereo compressor patch, which works as a charm! And the way its built up, each band has its own expander/noisegate, and you adjust the compressor/expander/gate/levels of each band separately. I though, well, heck, a REAL mastering processor has some parametric EQ too, so I added that. After I added three parametric eq's I ran out of processor power, but thats not bad, is it?
And this only uses up one of the four processors in the modular, which means that it can be done with a Micro Modular ($509 at zzsounds) and I could chuck in even more effect processing if I separated the left and right signals so they can use one processor each...
The Modular is just one extraordinary piece of equipment. You can basically cranc together ANY type of analog sound device in it. I love it!

Now, why the heck didn't I think of this BEFORE I bought that stupid Ultramizer? Anyone wanna buy it? It's three weeks old. 1200 SEK? I never actually used it!
Well, OK, it does have an exciter, which is better than what I succeeded in putting together in the modular. And a stereo-width widener, which is kinda cool. Maybe I'll keep it...

Back