tube matching

doulos

some of you guys talk to death about tube warmth and analog fatness i agree wholehardedly but most here are using cheap tube gear and mixing lets say tube pre totube compresser or things along these lines and if your fortunite to have 1 a tube mic would anyone like to discuss tube mismatching and the effects it can have on audio when your using pro consumer tube gear?
even to much of tube can be a bad thing

Not using punctuation is a bad thing too.

I get a headache from reading your posts. Do something about it!

Personally, I don't think there is such a thing as too much tube, there, guy.

I like to run my tube mic through a tube chord to tube pre (something good like Behringer or an ART), in to a tube compressor, to a tube input to my tube computer. Usually, I like to stick a couple of bbe sonic maximizers somewhere in to that path. Preferably tube ones. Oh yea, I forgot to mention the tube emulator. That's important, too. Am I missing anything?

Tube micstand chess!!! That's where it all starts! :rolleyes: How could you forget about that... Jee! :rolleyes:

Well, it really all starts with the tube coffee filter, but let's not get started on that one. I think that one's getting kinda' old, according to some people around here.

ok obviously your not understanding about diffrent tube sounds vers a uniform tube sound from say same or extremy similar companies or matched tubes like the one guy who posted about the all tube stuff if there not all the same tube or similar your going to run into tube noise and even odd hermonics but then again if your using exciters from bbe then i care you care anything for pure sound anyway lol

I built my own digital cables with tubes in the jacks. It really seems to warm up the signal after a long digital cable run.

TexRoadkill said:
I built my own digital cables with tubes in the jacks. It really seems to warm up the signal after a long digital cable run.

It would have cheaper and easier to just run the cables across a space heater or an Intel/AMD chip.

:D

Back