Today's Dream Signal Chain

i saw someone mentioned trident 80b as their dream console... funny, cuz I thought it kinda sounded like poo when i was working with it. at least, compared to any of the api or neve outboard units we had in the studio :-)
brian

I'm still a big fan of the SSL 4000 with E or G modules. I also like the older Pultec tube EQs, Teletronix LA2As and AMS reverb boxes. I also prefer tracking with Neve sidecars since they don't require the high maintenance of the older Neve consoles. Mics would be the M249, U47, KM84s, and UM70s. Oh yeah, Great River pres.

okay.....VM1 Klaus Heyne edition......Into a Helios console (the old red one Leon used to have!).......660 just for the tubes.....Ausbergers in the soffitt....Abbey Roads' echo chamber.....ANYONE with something close to the Beatles catalog...................Oceanways, room.

I think I just got sticky..............

You realize that could be taken one of a few different ways, right? :D

Just checkin'

Like just about everything else that comes out of me... from both ends...

Ewh... I just checked...

Not a big fan of smileys... if you're sharp... you'll find the humor

My dream signal chain.

Martin D-15 -> ....

:D

Give me a Martin and I don't really care what else comes after that.

But really, what I'm saving for (and this is probably very modest for most people on here):

Martin D-15 -> Good condensor (SM81 or AT4040) -> Treated room -> Avalon pre -> and I'll probably stick with my Audiophile 24/96 unless I come across extra money along the way.

:o

Also, we're about to buy this house. When we do I can rip up the carpet and there's really nice hardwood floors underneath. :D I'm tempted to do it now...

I`ve been very fortunate lately, after I moved to this place were I live now.

I actually can get my hands on a Neuman 87, a neve pre, and loads of other nice rarities.
Thats what good collegues are fore:cool:

But most importantly fro me will allways be what you put in front.

I recently discovered that when Both my the drummer in my band got a 69 Premier set, and my bass player got a 61 SG Bass.

what can I say it helped.:)

i saw someone mentioned trident 80b as their dream console... funny, cuz I thought it kinda sounded like poo when i was working with it. at least, compared to any of the api or neve outboard units we had in the studio :-)
brian

I was going to mention this but thought to leave it alone. Since you brought it up, that console sounds like I recorded everything in a box. Sorta TASCAMmy sounding.

Last edited:
Back