for those of you who own a DMP3....

rhythm

Just received a new one, and after taking it out of the packaging I noticed that there is something making some noise, like a bit of a rattle, inside the thing. I noticed it when I turned it upside down to check out the bottom of the unit. It happens momentarily each time I turn the unit upside down or rightside up again. Is this normal? I'm wondering if it's just something in the mechanical VU meter mechanism. If it's not normal, then I'm going to return it, since anything loose is only going to mean problems now or later.

Thanks.

none of mine rattle.
It may be something as simple as a small piece of plastic off something, but it may be a loose screww which in your case may become a loose cannon at some point.
I would think it is a simple thing to open and see unless it would void a warranty.

Yes I Own One

But mine doesn't do what you describe so I'd take it back and you should have no issue getting a new one to replace it. "Materials & Workmanship" is what this sounds like.

And speaking of the VU meters, when the light bulbs burn out, you're screwed. The bulb is integrated into the UV meter. Not mission critical but one of those sucky moments...

Good Luck!

I own one. NO RATTLE. Although it looks like it'll finally go away later today from an interested craigslist buyer. I'm more into the field recorder route these days, no power tethers. And on location mobility.

I have/had a samson Q5 headphone preamp that rattled. I took it apart and there was an extra locking nut for one of the pots under the circuit board. I removed the EXTRA part and put it back together and no more rattle.

I did but only found a few mentions with no answers. But thanks...:(
You're right... I swear I've seen a bunch of threads discussing that issue with directions and part numbers for the replacements... but I just spent 10 minutes looking and couldn't find them... They're replaceable... with a soldering iron... but as posted previously... even with a light, your just illuminating a bouncing needle that's not really indicating anything you can hang your hat on

I had one with no rattle - I blissfully took it apart and put it back together a few times, just to see what was inside, but I wasn't worried about warranty - I'd check to see if you void the warranty by taking it apart, and if not, just remove a few screws and have a look.

Back