Is there any behringer gear that is "good"?

chessrock said:
Just kidding, guys. I was just trying to start the usual flame war that ensues as a result of mentioning Behringer gear. :D

I have one of the headphone amps that works great, and a pair of Truths that I use as a second set of monitors -- mostly for casual listening, etc. And I actually think they're very usable monitors, and wouldn't have any problem, whatsoever, if I was forced to mix with them.

.....rats, I was going to go brew up some coffee and prepare a response to your next scathing reply.... I guess I should go record something eh?

Maybe I'll even fire up the ADA8000!

chessrock said:
Just kidding, guys. I was just trying to start the usual flame war that ensues as a result of mentioning Behringer gear. :D

I have one of the headphone amps that works great, and a pair of Truths that I use as a second set of monitors -- mostly for casual listening, etc. And I actually think they're very usable monitors, and wouldn't have any problem, whatsoever, if I was forced to mix with them.

dick!! :eek: :D :D :D

oh and i have a UB2442 mixer too.

and a MX802a that i dont have the PS for anymore, i dont know what happened...

i dont use the mixer though.

Well, I'm back..... I don't have any ideas for new songs and I can't stand facing a blank piece of paper and going around my same chord patterns on the guitar..... I have recorded most of what I need to on the old ones. I guess I could retrack it all at 24bit instead of 16........nah! Man, I used to write all the time and this year I have a total of 2 songs so far......

:( Bill

chessrock said:

It's not April 1st is it. :D :D :D :D

Hahahaha, sorry i hope i didn't start up the stir from what seems to be a forever repeating ritual. That being said, I'm just genuinely interested in what gear they have that people do like (and i strongly state) "FOR THE PRICE".

I didn't ask about their reverse engeneering or bad construction ethics, i think everyones established the fact here on numerous topics, and no im not a fan of that method of business. BUT the question is, Is the gear any good!?

I completely understand that a $500 24 channel mixer isn't going to last the test of the time, let alone sound the same as a $5,000 one, i think you'd be stupid to buy that with the mindset - this is going to last forever.

Anywho, what about their D.I.? The ULTRA-DI DI00?
D.I100
I've see those kicking around pretty much everywhere, any good?

hand in glove said:
Anywho, what about their D.I.? The ULTRA-DI DI00?
D.I100
I've see those kicking around pretty much everywhere, any good?

This is the one piece of Bgear I have that I don't particularly like. One of the leads that connects to the battery came undone and had to be resoldered. The battery door does not fit well with a battery inside and I found it was easier just to leave the door off. Finally, it changes the tone of my bass, makes it darker, which I don't like. I did use it to record live once to get a DI to my Digi001 and it did what it is supposed to do, but I have used lots of passive DIs that I like better from Whirlwind, etc. I used it for the gigs where my bass amp couldn't cover the room and I needed a DI to the PA until I got a Sansamp. The ULTRA-DI DI00 is now gathering dust most of the time. I sometimes take it to a gig when I think we might need a spare tire backup on DIs.

Bill

eh, i dont know, i sell them at my shop and i tell people its great, but i never used one!

shhh, dont tell 'em.

well, ive never had one returned!

When I think of Behringer, I visualize silver equipment shining in the sun :) . No, seriously... Behringer reminds me of the color silver, and I don't think I like that very much. Nothing againts the "ART silver"... I like the MPA GOLD. However, "Behringer silver"... No! No, no, no!

The Behringer guitar amps (V-ampire, and the other one not sure what its called) are pretty good sounding, and i'm quite fond of their cabinets as i had to borrow one when i blew my speakers running a CD player through my amp at a before-show-cookout last year.

I use a VAMP II, a VAMP BASS Pro, an ADA8000, and a pair of ECM8000's. I've never had any problems with any of it, and every piece of it does what I bought it to do. I got the VAMP II used from GC for $25 on "the list", and it has served me very well in a variety of live settings. As long as you don't start in with this crap saying the ADA8000 is equivalent to my Avalon, etc., I have no problems. I'm not a big fan of their mixers, compressors, or most of their mics. I've never used any of their amps or cabs, and have no clue.-Richie

I have a behringer patchbay & a ECM8000... that's it.

I used to have one of those mixers the pres sounded okay as long as you didn't crank them past 70%. :D

I have a behringer composer 2600 & a behringer 1222fx-pro mixer & both have been working decent for me. For the price I paid, they work well for me. Of course there's better stuff I would RATHER have, but my budget was very little.

I have a Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro, and I use it instead of a guitar amp. I like it very much. I picked it up after reading tons of reviews and seeing a fair number of reviews in which folks preferred it over other products in that category. I haven't been disappointed.

I'm controlling it with one of their FCB1010 pedal boards, which I bought because bending down is a pain in the backside. The only thing I don't like about it is that my V-Amp Bass Pro remembers the patch number when I turn it off and back on, but the pedal board always comes on at zero, so they start out not in sync. Other than that minor annoyance, it works quite well, too.

Those are the only pieces of Behringer gear I own, though, and I intend to keep it that way. :D

I've got the Composer 2600 as well and it's not too bad. I've tracked with it with good results. My biggest beef with it is the noise from the make up gain. I just leave it down and get my gain from my board. It's the only B gear I have.

for about a year, i've been using the ub2222fx-pro for submixing 8 drum mics into 2 stereo channels. it gives me everything i need--eq, preamps, and i even use a tiny bit of the onboard reverb for the toms. is it as good as buying 8 top-notch preamps, fully parametric eq, and a superb effects rig? no, but for a little over $200, you can't beat it. instead of paying $10K for $10K worth of equipment, i got about $2k worth of budget gear for a tenth of the cost. i tried the headphones, though, and they're absolute garbage. based on my mixer experience, i figured for $20 i'd give 'em a shot. i returned them the same day. i'd rather use the earbuds that came with my ipod than those crap-ass cans. can't say that i like the monitors either...

All Behringer gear is worth what you pay for....but they are usually cheap and that means lower quality.

jkokura said:
I have a b control and an HA4700... They work and that's good enough

One must remember though that one of the major problems people have the Beri is their backwards engineering... They've been known to rip other companies (like Mackie) products off and make cheaper, sometimes less consistent versions.

I don't like their unethical business practices, which is why I don't like them. I have no complaints about any of their gear that I've used, but now I know about their crookedness I won't buy from them anymore.

Jacob

Again, Behringer has NEVER been convicted of stealing anything from anyone, period. Understanding how free market works helps. That's why a million and one companies make guitars that look and sound just like a tele, an SG, a strat, a P-bass, an EVH, a Gibson Jumbo and on and on and on, but no one rags on them for making exact copies. Take alook on ebay and you'll find all kinds of gear that look and work just like gear from other companies. What gets me is some people talk about Behinger stealing this and that but never talk about Fender and Gibson and Ludwig and EVERYONE ELSE who make most of their money on instruments made using slave labor overseas.

Back