Is there any behringer gear that is "good"?

Beck said:
Behringer was not a bad company in the beginning, but outsourcing brought a decline in QC. If it says made in Germany on the product I would have no problem using it. In fact Behringer had some outstanding products in the early 90’s.

Made in China is another story. This is not a slam on the Chinese people. The designing it here and manufacturing it over their model just hasn’t worked out for a lot of companies… or rather it hasn’t worked out for their customers. ;)

The Studio Denoiser MK III is a case in point. IMO, the newer SNR2000 just doesn't stand up to it.

I second the experience with the mid-90s Behringer stuff. I have (still) an MX 8000 24 track 8 bus mixer that actually sounds very good. I got it for my practice room and still use it for monitoring. I do have some of their patchbays that work just dandy.

Later stuff, I have no experience with at all.

Sarcasm is only one of the free services I offer.....

Actually, Behringer probably has a current price/performance advantage over many of the competitors nowadays, since everyone else is falling over each other to setup manufacturing facilities in China. I've used both Behringer and Mackie compact mixers, and actually, the Behringer's have been less of a pain-in-the-butt than the Mackie units (lets talk about ribbon cable problems!.....) I've had Mackie 1604's, 1642's and the Behringer (reverse engineered) equivalents. It's enticing to toss a B unit in the trash when it goes bad, but it's really hard to pitch that almost double the cost Mackie the same place..... It's the stigma that's associated with Behringer that actually makes me balk at rushing out and buying their compact mixers (peer pressure). Now that Mackie, and even Peavey! mixers are made over there, is there really a difference?.....

Way to dig up an old thread.
The topic was already worn out when this thread was NEW.

Back