TC Helicon VoiceWorks with AW16g question.

cda

Hi everyone. This seems like a busy and interesting forum! I will have to have a sniff around! Anyway:

I was thinking of getting a TC Helicon VoiceWorks unit to work with my AW16g. I have spent some time reading up on the VoiceWorks, and I have read that you can't create harmonies using a midi keyboard when sending pre-recorded vocals in via the line inputs. Is this the case? Does this also mean that I wouldn't be able to pitch-correct using a midi keyboard when sending in pre-recorded vocals via the line inputs? I ask this, as it seems that to get good pitch-correction you have to feed the VoiceWorks the right notes via midi.

What I want to do, is send the VoiceWorks a vocal part from the AW16g via the aux outs, have it pitch-corrected and then record the results on a new track. Likewise, I would want to feed it a vocal line via the line inputs and generate harmonies using a keyboard, again recording the results to a new track.

If the VoiceWorks cannot do this, is there a device that will? I used to have a Digitech device, and I know they can do it. However, mine decided to stop working some time ago, and that kind of put me off the things.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

CDA.

PS

I have got an Alesis 3630 compressor. I haven't used it for ages though. Honest.

Back