TC Electronic M300, Alesis MidiVerb 4, both or neither??

jdizzle007

Hi everyone,

I think this is the right location to post this question...

I'm looking for FX I can use with the Presonus FireStudio Project to add effects to my vocal and/or possibly my bass recording...

any thoughts on the use of the TC Electronics m300 and Alesis MidiVerb 4?

thanks!

Last edited:
I say neither for recording. Get some great impulse response reverbs online for free and use these.

Midiverb IV was the first multi-effects unit I bought for my home recording project. I still have it, and it sits nicely in the company of a Lexicon PCM90 and PCM70. I still think it is a great sounding unit. I've never owned an M300 or M350, so to be fair I cannot comment on how that holds up.

Also, if you're in the sub-$200 price range, don't leave out the Lexicon LXP-15. It's a good multi-effects unit from the '90s and can be bought on ebay, much (subjectively) better than the Alesis and TC units you are looking at.

I have used the M300 extensively, and occasionally still do. It has served well not only as an FX unit, but also as an A-D converter in a pinch. If you feed it a line level signal, it'll put out a digital signal by S/PDIF.
I used it a lot to feed a Roland V-studio with an analog preamp to bypass the cruddy pres in the Roland. You just hit "bypass", and it bypasses all the FX. Not only is it a pretty good FX box for the money, but it is also one of the cheapest A-D converters on the planet. As far as I can tell, the M350 is pretty much the same unit.

If it's not too late to chime in on this, consider the TC M-One or M-One XL.

This is even better than the M300 & M350.

I just received one that I got out of Thomann in Europe for quite cheap.

TC Reverbs are generally excellent.

My favorite is the Fabrik R which came with my TC Studio Konnekt 48 interface.

Jamusic got there just before me.

I much prefer the TC Electronic effects to the Alesis ones (just personal preference but I've never got on with the Midiverb).

However, if you save up your pennies, I much prefer the M One XL to the M300.

Back