Tascam us122L Questions.

adolescentsfan

Would you guys recommend getting the Tascam 122L(it replaced the 122 it seems)? I have no recording equipment and I was wondering if this would be a good place to start. I can run it with a program such as Audacity, right? Can I plug a mic or guitar directly into it, or do I need to run it through my guitar amp first? Can I only use Condenser mics with it because it has phantom powered mic inputs, or could I use a Dynamic mic? Go easy on the noob, I came on here to learn from the experts.

Yes, it appears to have about the same functionality as its predecessor and should work fine. I have the original and had no problems with it. It's a shame they aren't bundling Cubase LE with it, though, as that's a pretty decent program. Yes, you can use it with Audacity, Krystal, and just about any other software that will support USB interfaces (most will). It has phantom power for condenser mics. You can plug guitars directly in, but might get better results from miking an amp, rather than recording direct.

Other options to consider would be the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Presonus Firebox (firewire interface), etc.

I can do unlimted number of tracks pretty much when I use Audacity, and play back existing tracks while recording another, can't I? Could I run my guitar into the guitar amp and then run a line into the Tascam, or would I get better results miking the amp? Also, I could pick up the us122, do you think the 122L is better(I would guees a newer model would have fewer bugs)? I'll check out those others too, thanks.

Last edited:
Back