Switching quickly between headphones & monitors

AlanW

Hi - I was wondering how other people deal with this:I record in the same room as my equipment. I'm constantly recording with a microphone and headphones on... and then using the monitors to see how it sounds. Is there a "one button" solution to swithing back & forth between the two?? Right now, I'm turning both channels of my amp down. - thanks - Alan

well i run a headphone amp of 2 of my busses on my mixer. But basicaly if u have a mixer , just use your control room outs and just take your headphones off when you need too... i think thats right , i havent done it for a while.. But with my setup i just run my monitors on 2 busses , a headphone amp on the other 2 (for monitoring in the studio) and i just use the control room to monitor levels.. mmm , not much help i spose , but i think a decent mixer with a few outs should do the job i think ....
cheers !!!
Spider

I turn the poweramp off. Mainly because I always forget what i'm doing and end up with screaming feedback. On the downside, I'll turn on the poweramp and have faders cranked and blast the speakers...

yeah i'm sure you could come up with a switch.. in fact i remember dragon posted a link to a cheap audio switchbox type of thing... flip one way and you goto to your power amp & monitors... the other way, and to your headphone amp and phones...

Back