Studiolive 16.0.2

polarity

Just curious what people think about the preamps in this mixer.

I have an Allen & Heath Zed10fx right now, swapping it out for the studiolive. I know most people have said no to the studiolive because of the non motorized faders but that's not an issue for me.

I am considering selling the Zed now as I shouldn't have a use for it, but before I did I thought I would get everyones opinion. All my research shows that the studiolive will be a very nice upgrade from the Zed.

thanks
-William

Haven't used the Zed, but the preamps in the StudioLive are great. Very transparent and noiseless. You can turn them all the way up if needed and suffer no ill side effects. I've compared them head to head with LA-610 and Avalon 737 on a lot of different sources and they do just fine. It's not a quality difference, but rather one of preference which is as much as we can ask for I guess. Somewhere I've got an mp3 of some comparison clips I did. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Reply didn't post. Hrm.

I looked at the x32 and love it, amazing console and a good price. I picked up the Studiolive because I came across a great price used. I just purchased the Zed 2 months ago and was fairly happy with it. I love the sound (or lack of extra sound) on the preamps and the clarity it brought. My best mic is only an AKG c214 so I'm miles off of what you guys are doing. I hated the fact that it only passed out 2 channels instead of letting me send multiple channels. I wasn't ready to go back to noisy pre's though.

Thankfully I'm into my studiolive for less than that =) I got a nice price used.

I do love the look of that x32 though, all the demos and videos I've seen of it make it look like a dream machine!

The Studiolive 16.0.2 is a very capable little desk that sounds great and is extremely easy to use. I have one that I have been using for around a year and love it. I don't find anything lacking in its sound at all and I've owned a few high end pres over the years!

Back