Studio monitors with a headphone amp...

GtrGtrGtr

Hi everyone I am a big giant noob and in the middle of getting my 1st computer based studio together . Question: I would like to run my Rane HC6 and my studio monitors with my Tascam 1800 but have the option of them both is this possible ? If Im middle production and working with others I want to give all a set of cans and or use the studio monitors. How would I run wires to such a thing ? Can I run the 1800 out to the HP amp? I will be using Cubase 8 Pro just fyi (It hasn't arrived yet) but looking at both rack units it seems very confusing as I would like both the options of either cans for all or monitors...possible ? or am I asking to route something impossible? Thanks for all the help so far ! This forum has saved me a ton of money in what I call "Steves mistakes" They lay all over my music room .:facepalm:-Steve

What should work for you is this:

1 Connect monitors to the "monitor(balanced)" outputs at the back of the Tascam.
2 Connect the Tascam to the Rane HC6 using TRS to TRS leads from the Line Out 1 & 2 outputs on the back of the Tascam to the "Master Inputs" on the back of the Rane.

Back