strike while the iron is hot

dobro

I'm in a position to save a bit of money if I buy a Lexicon unit tomorrow. I'm really fishing for ideas here, because I've got to move on this in the next 18 hours. LOL

I'm comparing the MPX500 and the MPX100. I've read the brochures, but because I've never used a reverb unit before, I don't know how to interpret the descriptions. They're both 24-bit, both dual channel, both easy to use apparently, and both have the same processing chip, etc.

However, the 100 has 1/4" connectors compared to the 500's XLRs, different impedance and levels and D/A conversion bitlength.

Am I right in thinking that:

1 The sound of the 100 will be respectable?

2 The 500 will be both quieter and way more versatile in terms of fine tuning?

The prices at 8th street are $429 and $229, to give you some idea.

I think my main question is: how audible do you think the difference is between these two units? But I'd appreciate any impressions at all. Sometimes I can get to a decision from different pieces of information.

Hello Dobro. My brother owns the MPX500 and
uses it on his "RAP" projects. It's extremely quiet and it's 'verbs are amazingly
smooth almost like effortless in sound.My bro' basically uses the mpx for it's "Chorusing" effect especially for dual-channel processing. Overall,IMOP, this is a fine DSP.

Misterque, Fishmed - thanks. I followed your advice. Same advice I would've given someone else. :)

I guess its too late to recommend that you get Vegas pro and scam a good DirectX reverb... These would be... free.

Sorry S8-N but a direct x plug in will never sound as good as a Lexicon. Never. Not even if it's free.

Back