stereo headphones from a mono output

thomaswomas

didn't know where else to post this so apologies for any confusion.

is there a way of making a stereo signal from a headphone socket come through my headphones as a centered mono signal? if i connect a mono extension cable to my headphones, will this do the job.

it's basically so i can have a click track which is coming out of a mixers headphone socket on the left, to come out of both earphones for live purposes

thanks

If you use a mono cable, you will only get either the right or the left coming through both sides.

You can get a mono signal to both sides of headphones, but not the other way around. You need to change it at the source. Where is the click coming from? Can you not turn this into a mono left and mono right?

I dont know what your recording with but I have a utility in ableton live or if your using somthing like that should have a utility that you can change the whole stereo field to mono or invert stero field, -+ gain and Left or right chanel signals only - good luck

Why can't you use the pan knob on the channel the click is in on the mixer?

MoreMe headphones have a "Stereo/Mono" switch that does this for you.

I have an old set of Sony DR-7 headphones that have that sort of switch too.

I suspect thomaswomas has a pan pot somewhere that would solve it...

In a pinch I've unscrewed the plug cover on headphones and bridged the left & right contacts with an alligator clip.

Back