starting a 500 series rack

Btyre2013

mhe bhe wantin ta start a rack of sorts, Idge bhe seeing these tings calld a 500 series init,

it be dis rack oonit dat ya can ook up tu dhe audio outpoots on dhe intafayce maan,

and mhe wantin ta know wot dhee hexperiownce you be avin wid dem, wot dyha recommend for a good startin point maaaan?

regards,

Ben.

Just buy all neve stuff it's supposed to be the holy grail of bankrupting home recorders and causing divorces.

and mhe wantin ta know wot dhee hexperiownce you be avin wid dem, wot dyha recommend for a good startin point maaaan?

That all depends. What do you need to accomplish? You could build one up as a series of processors for one signal (pre, eq, comp etc.) or as a bank of similar things (bunch o' pres as front end for recording). In series 500 form I've mostly used preamps from API, Shadow Hills etc.

Neve man, forget that cheap crap You deserve it after all, right? Do you need me to find you links?

Neve man, forget that cheap crap You deserve it after all, right? Do you need me to find you links?

it depends, that's why I'm asking, does the neve pre-amps for example the 1073 work well with classical music? how does it compare to the API? I've heard that API are good for everything including classical, all I want are some opinions and what people own and why they think they are good or bad, and more important than anything people who have opinions based on using the actual gear

TBH you should go to GS for advice as I can't remember anyone here ever mentioning 500 stuff. But neve is the best.

Back