Spend My Money!!

davidguevara80

Always Online
I Have $400 Dollars and i am Consierding 2 Options to Spend them:

1.-Presonus Eureka ($260 Used) And A Line 6 Bass Pod Pro ($140 Used)
2.-Focusrite Voicemaster Pro ($400 Used)

If Somebody Own Both Units (VM And Eureka) Let me know If there are much Difference in Tone/Quality.I want to Record Vocals and Probably Nylon Guitars With A KSM27 With Cubase SX and Motu 828MKII.

Id try the line6 ux2 ...Ive seen plenty of bad stuff said about the eureka...and the focusrite pres Ive heard are not up to what you can get with the line6.

Yes...thanks for pointing that out...I was so impressed with the UX2...I bought the UX8, for 8 channels of that pre.

the UX2 Im selling is for 1/2 the price of a new one.

Yes...thanks for pointing that out...I was so impressed with the UX2...I bought the UX8, for 8 channels of that pre.

the UX2 Im selling is for 1/2 the price of a new one.

I think he was merely pointing out that you've just created bias in your post and thus any opinion given will be taken with a grain of salt on this particular issue.

Just sayin... :o

At least Im giving a recomendation of something Ive used and I like...instead of just repeating what Ive read...we get too many of "those" reviews arround here:rolleyes:

My vote would be for the Eureka. You can later upgrade the opamps and transformer in this and it would be a nice channel strip.
I didn't like the Focusrite Platinum stuff. I found it a little thin and sterile sounding.

I would also check out the GAP PRE73 if you don't need a channel strip. This would be a good compliment to the Tampa.

My vote would be for the Eureka. You can later upgrade the opamps and transformer in this and it would be a nice channel strip.

Cool, I Just Bought The Eureca on The Bay for $265 (US) Good Deal Huh?
What is the opamps? How i can replace the transformer?

Thanks

The Eureka Arrives!

Hi Guys,I am Back.The Presonus Eureka came yesterday in the Mail and I have to say it: It Sounds Awesome,The Sound of the preamp For it self it is Clear and with a Strong Output Signal.I didn't Like the Comp,it adds a Mid Sound but You can Fix it with The Eq.

However,I Got a very good deal on a Used VM Pro ,i'll test it and if is not what i am looking for i will sell it for what i paid for it.

I Had a Focusrite Twintrak and a Trakmaster and this Eureka beats them up,let's try with the VM....

VoiceMaster

I Received the Voicemaster Yesterday, I hook it up and did a Few Male Voice Tracks Using a Studio Projects B1 And Then A Shure KSM27.Compared With the M-Audio Tampa,Presonus Eureka and EVEN the ART PRO MPA.The Voice Master Gave me a Very Weak , Thin and Sterile Sound (As All the Platinum Series).The Dynamics are a Good Feature but They didn't Sound Good.It was a Quick Test and I didn't Like How they Sound,Perhaps if you Experiment With the Different Dynamics you'll be able to get a Decent tone But the PREAMP For Itself it is Nothing Compared with the Other Pres.

So,I am Selling it right now.

The thing about the voicemaster is that you could have had the exact same channel strip from Behringer and bought it for peanuts on Ebay...but it isnt that good anyhow

Back